Water converted to plasma -- how does this work?

In summary: So far your thread is sub-standard, so it is closed temporarily for Moderation. Please send me a Private Message (PM) by clicking on my Avatar and "Start a conversation" with a much more detailed explanation of what you are doing. I will try to help you organize your thoughts better so that we don't waste others' time with too much question/answer back-and-forth here in the forum thread.
tarakmytar
TL;DR Summary
Water enters one way only, enclosed solid enclosure, it has one exit.
In its path to the exit it is, disassociated, and still trapped in this enclosure with only a path forward. So now it is in two forms of gas, so the pressure of the expansion in the enclosed enclosure and now traveling at high speed towards the exit, and most likely ionized. It is then subjected to ignition ie electrical spark, all still in the enclosure but nearing the exit.
The output is plasma, HOW please explain I can do it but need to understand the mechanics of it

Attachments

• plasma unit.jpg
    plasma unit.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 68
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.
tarakmytar said:
Summary: Water enters one way only, enclosed solid enclosure, it has one exit.

The output is plasma, HOW please explain I can do it but need to understand the mechanics of it
There must be a source of energy to disassociate the water before it forms plasma. If you burn the gas, it will become water again, not plasma.
Where does all that energy come from ?

Likes russ_watters
Baluncore said:
Welcome to PF.

There must be a source of energy to disassociate the water before it forms plasma. If you burn the gas, it will become water again, not plasma.
Where does all that energy come from ?

ok yes there is energy as in power applied but a small amount, it is plasma as you can see when it exits
I am asking to explain the water to plasma it does do that no question no one know in plasma physics can not say how it can happen, the plasma torches as the Westinghouse plasma torch, ends up with the same output plasma. but I do not use as much power, or any other gasses to help it. the way that I am doing it as I have been told no one else has done it the way that I do, all follow the same 'plasma torch' system.

Last edited by a moderator:
tarakmytar said:
ok yes there is energy as in power applied but a small amount, it is plasma as you can see when it exits
I am asking to explain the water to plasma it does do that no question no one know in plasma physics can not say how it can happen, the plasma torches as the Westinghouse plasma torch, ends up with the same output plasma. but I do not use as much power, or any other gasses to help it. the way that I am doing it as I have been told no one else has done it the way that I do, all follow the same 'plasma torch' system.
Please post links to the source of this information. We are picky about our sources here at PF. Thank you.

Likes Vanadium 50
That may have been the longest sentence I have ever read on PF. And there is plenty of competition.

Step back a moment, take a deep breath, and try and ask your question assuming we are not right next to you. Because we aren't.

• Haha
Likes topsquark and anorlunda
berkeman said:
Please post links to the source of this information. We are picky about our sources here at PF. Thank you.
well I am the one that has developed the plasma unit, and I am not a scientist just a Tech and I have run the unit several times and each time I learn a little more on what is required to get it further developed so the source of the information on the prototype is all mine. all I am trying to do is to get some form of understanding of how to put it into some sort of math.

tarakmytar said:
well I am the one that has developed the plasma unit, and I am not a scientist just a Tech and I have run the unit several times and each time I learn a little more on what is required to get it further developed so the source of the information on the prototype is all mine. all I am trying to do is to get some form of understanding of how to put it into some sort of math.
So far your thread is sub-standard, so it is closed temporarily for Moderation. Please send me a Private Message (PM) by clicking on my Avatar and "Start a conversation" with a much more detailed explanation of what you are doing. I will try to help you organize your thoughts better so that we don't waste others' time with too much question/answer back-and-forth here in the forum thread. Thank you.

Likes russ_watters and topsquark

1. How is water converted to plasma?

Water can be converted to plasma through a process called electrolysis. This involves passing an electric current through water, causing the water molecules to break apart into hydrogen and oxygen ions. These ions then recombine to form a plasma state.

2. What is plasma and how is it different from water?

Plasma is the fourth state of matter, in addition to solid, liquid, and gas. It is a highly ionized gas that contains both positively and negatively charged particles. Unlike water, which is made up of neutral molecules, plasma is made up of charged particles that can conduct electricity and respond to magnetic fields.

3. What are the potential applications of water converted to plasma?

Water converted to plasma has a wide range of potential applications in various industries. It can be used for water treatment, sterilization, and purification. It can also be used in the production of hydrogen gas, which can be used as a clean energy source. Additionally, plasma can be used in medical treatments, such as wound healing and cancer therapy.

4. Is water converted to plasma safe for human consumption?

While plasma itself is not safe for human consumption, the process of converting water to plasma can remove harmful contaminants and bacteria, making it safe to drink. However, proper precautions and regulations must be followed to ensure the safety of the plasma-treated water.

5. Are there any environmental benefits to using water converted to plasma?

Yes, there are several environmental benefits to using water converted to plasma. The process of electrolysis does not produce any harmful byproducts, making it a clean and sustainable method of water treatment. Additionally, plasma-treated water can help reduce the use of chemical disinfectants, which can have negative impacts on the environment.