Water Pressure and 2 dimensional motion

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of V_0 and the use of Bernoulli's equation. The equation H is used to calculate V_0, while the equations for pressure and force are also mentioned. The conversation ends with the suggestion to use Bernoulli's equation as a possible approach.
EEristavi
Homework Statement
Figure (See below) shows a valve separating a reservoir
from a water tank. If this valve is opened, what
is the maximum height above point B attained by the
water stream coming out of the right side of the tank?
Assume h = 10.0 m, L = 2.00 m, and ## \Theta ## = 30.0°, and
assume the cross-sectional area at A is very large compared
with that at B.
Relevant Equations
H = Vt - g(t^2)/2
F = P A
P = pgh
pf.png

$$ H = \frac { V^2 - V_0^2 sin \Theta} {-2g} $$
$$ H = \frac {V_0^2 sin \Theta} {2g} $$

So, I need to calculate ## V_0 ##
I'm thinking about pressure.

$$ P = \rho g \Delta h $$
$$ \Delta h = h - L sin \Theta $$

$$ F_A = P S_A $$
$$ F_A = P S_B $$

Dead End here...

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps you need another equation ? Look back in your notes or text ... what are the subjects that might be exercised herer ?

Nothing helpful...

Yes endeed, I need another equation/approach. However, I can't figure out which one :/

Ever hear of Bernoulli ?

Likes EEristavi and Chestermiller
Yes of course.

However, As I understand, Bernouli is used when we have different densities (to "create" "upward" force).

Not right. One density cuts the cake just as well.

1. What is water pressure?

Water pressure is the force exerted by a body of water on its surroundings. It is typically measured in units of pressure, such as pounds per square inch (psi) or pascals (Pa).

2. How does water pressure affect 2 dimensional motion?

Water pressure plays a significant role in 2 dimensional motion as it influences the direction and speed of an object in water. An increase in water pressure can result in faster motion, while a decrease in water pressure can slow down an object's movement.

3. What factors affect water pressure?

Factors that can affect water pressure include the depth of the water, the density of the water, and the acceleration due to gravity. Additionally, objects in the water, such as rocks or other obstructions, can also impact water pressure.

4. How is water pressure measured in 2 dimensional motion?

Water pressure is typically measured using a pressure gauge, which can be attached to a device or object in the water. The gauge will display the pressure in units of measurement, providing insight into the amount of force being exerted by the water.

5. What is the significance of understanding water pressure in 2 dimensional motion?

Understanding water pressure in 2 dimensional motion is crucial for a variety of applications, including navigation, engineering, and marine life research. It allows us to predict and control the movement of objects in water and make informed decisions to optimize their performance.