Ways to tell someone you love them

• Thread starter Focus
  • Start date
Use your penis, that's what it's there for!
You mean that's how she shows her love because mostly (I think) she'd rather use mr. happy to the point of wearing his paint off. Which really is another way for him to show his love for her: be accepting and in fact join her (read Laura Berman).

Last edited:
you're thinking too much.

When you are deeply in love with someone but struggle to find the right words it usually expressible in your field of interest. For example;

If you sum up all my actions of love towards you will release that they will almost surely be what you expected from love.

My feelings for you are so deep that even Kolmogorov could not formalize them.

OK, maybe the examples are bad but I would like to hear some love statements from your chosen field, that if the intended person understood would think you were Lord Byron of the 21st century.
awww! thats so sweet! I dont understand it, but any intelligent girl will realise what you are trying to say! awww!
you could say: I want to be the zooxanthellae to your polyp; I will do my all to nourish you in our symbiotic relationship so that together we will grow to be a big tall colourful coral under the warm sun :D awww

An Engineer's Valentine
by Matthew Dalton

I was alone and all was dark
Beneath me and above
My life was full of volts and amps
But not the spark of love

But now that you are here with me
My heart is overjoyed
You've turned the square of my heart
Into a sinusoid

You load things from my memory
Onto my system bus
My life was once assembly code
It's now like C++

I love the way you solder things
My circuits you can fix
The voltage 'cross your diode is
much more than just point six

With your op-amps and resistors
You have built my integrator
I cannot survive without you
You're my function generator

You've changed my world, increased my gain
And made my math discreet
So now I'll end my poem here
Control, Alt, and Delete
bravo!!!
I think any girl woud be impressed by that!

FrancisZ

I used to try to share in the hobbies of my dear Woman. She really liked to sew, so I once tried to stitch together little dolls that looked like us. Though, honestly, I can't do much more than attach my own buttons to my shirts, I still managed somehow--it was a labor of love!

Abdomens-->new, white cotton socks filled with cotton balls.

Arms and Legs-->fingers cut-off from a white gardening glove (also filled with cotton).

Heads-->a couple of those tomato pin cushions with some of the sand let out; then covered in the same white cotton sock material.

Eyes-->the rollie type you can glue on (brown for her, blue for me).

Mouths-->a single dolls eyelash each (for a happy smile).

Clothes-->gray felt pants for me, and a dress for her (same color, so we matched that way); also a little felt necktie for me, and a hat for her (she always wore her hat, and I usually wear a tie).

Velcro-->for the palms (so that the dolls could hold hands).

idiosyncratic accoutrements-->wire frame eyeglasses for each of us; a notebook for me (because I like to make notes), and a newspaper for her with the headline "Francis Loves Jayne" (because she always read the newspaper, and I worried she would ignore me). You can buy these sorts of things at a art supply store, and then personalize them, like I did.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I used to try to share in the hobbies of my dear Woman. She really liked to sew, so I once tried to stitch together little dolls that looked like us. Though, honestly, I can't do much more than attach my own buttons to my shirts, I still managed somehow--it was a labor of love!

Abdomens-->new, white cotton socks filled with cotton balls.

Arms and Legs-->fingers cut-off from a white gardening glove (also filled with cotton).

Heads-->a couple of those tomato pin cushions with some of the sand let out; then covered in the same white cotton sock material.

Eyes-->the rollie type you can glue on (brown for her, blue for me).

Mouths-->a single dolls eyelash each (for a happy smile).

Clothes-->gray felt pants for me, and a dress for her (same color, so we matched that way); also a little felt necktie for me, and a hat for her (she always wore her hat, and I usually wear a tie).

Velcro-->for the palms (so that the dolls could hold hands).

idiosyncratic accoutrements-->wire frame eyeglasses for each of us; a notebook for me (because I like to make notes), and a newspaper for her with the headline "Francis Loves Jayne" (because she always read the newspaper, and I worried she would ignore me). You can buy these sorts of things at a art supply store, and then personalize them, like I did.
Your recollections of Jayne are so very sweet, Francis.

FrancisZ

FrancisZ

Well (not to be a downer), she actually passed away last summer.

:cry::frown: sorry to hear that, man. I'm so sorry. :cry: you seem like you've come a long way and you're coping with the situation well enough though. :frown:

FrancisZ

:cry::frown: sorry to hear that, man. I'm so sorry. :cry: you seem like you've come a long way and you're coping with the situation well enough though. :frown:

I try. Really it sort of helps to talk about her. Lately, I've actually been trying to communicate with her family; but they're a little reticent.

Anyway, it's nobody's fault. She had ovarian cancer; and the chemo was hard.

I try. Really it sort of helps to talk about her. Lately, I've actually been trying to communicate with her family; but they're a little reticent.

Anyway, it's nobody's fault. She had ovarian cancer; and the chemo was hard.
more motivation for me to push harder to become a doc and help make advancements in the med field.

I think you're an amazing person. You posses a personal quality that few people have. I read your physical preference post aswell in the other thread and you seem to be able to see past the simplest things that are such a big deal for the average person.

If only we could see beyond looks but then again with the emphasis society places on looks, it's not easy :frown:

FrancisZ

more motivation for me to push harder to become a doc and help make advancements in the med field.

I think you're an amazing person. You posses a personal quality that few people have. I read your physical preference post aswell in the other thread and you seem to be able to see past the simplest things that are such a big deal for the average person.

If only we could see beyond looks but then again with the emphasis society places on looks, it's not easy :frown:
That's very nice of you.:smile: And thank-you.

But the point I've been trying to make, really, is that I think anybody would feel the way that I have felt if they met that right person.

I didn't even like her when we were first introduced. She looked so pissed off (her father actually died that day), and I, naturally (idiot that I am), took it personally; and said to myself: well, I won't like you either.

But she just grew on me incredibly fast.

I remember the day I first realized how much I cared. It was around Christmas time 1997. We were part of a group that went into Manhattan to see a show. And as fate would have it, I got to walking beside her; and I suddenly felt that I liked being next to her. She got a little distracted somehow (not sure over what) but some guy walked right into her. I don't know what I said, but I think she started to feel as I started to feel at that moment.

FrancisZ

Ways to tell someone you love them...

* Help them paint something, and then wash their hands.

* Remember to put band-aids on them.

* Go to Church, Synagogue, Mosque, or Temple with them (if they are religiously inclined), even if it isn't your denomination or belief. Look for the similar positive, unifying message in what they're doing. If they're an atheist, be a good example of your religion by giving them the respect you would also like yourself (and keep them company on your respective day of worship).

alt

Gold Member
OTOH, William Blake advises caution ..

Never seek to tell thy love
Love that never told can be;
For the gentle wind does move
Silently, invisibly.

I told my love, I told my love,
I told her all my heart,
Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears--
Ah, she doth depart.

Soon as she was gone from me
A traveller came by
Silently, invisibly
He took her with a sigh!

OTOH, William Blake advises caution ..

Never seek to tell thy love
Love that never told can be;
For the gentle wind does move
Silently, invisibly.

I told my love, I told my love,
I told her all my heart,
Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears--
Ah, she doth depart.

Soon as she was gone from me
A traveller came by
Silently, invisibly
He took her with a sigh!
Wow that's really deep, man. But I mean when you think about then that's really fear. You're scared coming out with your feelings will maker her leave :P

"I love you".

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
[PLAIN]http://www.abcmesign.com/image/iloveyou2.gif [Broken]

awwww...

Last edited by a moderator:

FrancisZ

The ultimate test of love...

Are you willing to clip their toe nails? Blow their nose? Clean them up when their sick? Wash them even?

That's love.

willsbabygurl

Are you willing to clip their toe nails? Blow their nose? Clean them up when their sick? Wash them even?

That's love.
People laugh at things like that, but I think it does prove love, and me and my man do things like that for each other all the time.. If I see he's got a boogie, I'll get it for him, and it doesn't bother me one bit, and usually stuff like that makes me sick.... But it's love, and we can't deny it... =]]

People laugh at things like that, but I think it does prove love, and me and my man do things like that for each other all the time.. If I see he's got a boogie, I'll get it for him, and it doesn't bother me one bit, and usually stuff like that makes me sick.... But it's love, and we can't deny it... =]]

Wow. That's really deep and far.

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

Are you willing to clip their toe nails? Blow their nose? Clean them up when they're sick? Wash them even?

That's love.
That's a partial list of functions of a parent or one who has a pet.

FrancisZ

That's a partial list of functions of a parent or one who has a pet.
True, normally you don't do those sorts of things for your spouse. But you might eventually be asked to, when they get old. You are, in essence, also a parent to one another.

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
True, normally you don't do those sorts of things for your spouse. But you might eventually be asked to, when they get old. You are, in essence, also a parent to one another.
Yeah - I know of people who've had to do that for bed-ridden parents. One does what one has to do.

Caregiver/caretaker are other terms.