Weird Habits: Do You Have Any?

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weird
In summary: I have proper bread then it makes perfect sense. I don't eat the last bite of a sandwich. I always drive with my window opened just a crack. I put both shoes on, and then tie them, verses one at a time.If you have proper bread then it makes perfect sense.
Moonbear said:
That, or PF has an unusually high population of abnormal people. :tongue2:
Good point! We are a bunch of weirdos I guess, but we make each other feel normal, which is what matters right? :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
mattmns said:
That sounds a little OCD ish Ivan.

MB I am talking about grilled cheese sandwiches, which you have to put button on one side. So, if you were to leave the bread alone and butter the bread as it came out, you would end up having to flip it. Maybe I should make a video or something to show you what I am talking about. 1 second, going to whip out a picture

With the picture, it almost makes sense (but I still can't figure out which side you're putting the button on and why). Why don't you just butter the outside of them while their still together? Then you open the book to put the sandwich stuff inside.

If I'm using the circular style coffee filters, I always flip the filter inside out before putting it in the filter basket. I figure that way it will be more likely to stay snug against the side of the filter basket instead of flopping in and allowing coffee grounds to drop on down into the coffee pot - or worse yet, clog the hole draining the filter basket causing a massive coffee disaster on the counter. (I prefer coffee makers with the cone style filters, just in case anyone's interested).

Evo said:
Me too. Well, if it's hot, perhaps just a sheet, but I need some kind of cover (but not my feet!).

See, that's where I'm different. If I'm hot, it doesn't matter. Just a sheet isn't enough. And my feet can't stick out! I'd never fall asleep if my feet were cold. Though, if it's hot, I might stick one foot out the side of the bed.

I'm actually most comfortable if I can have the blankets entirely untucked and just curl up in the middle of the bed under a pile of blankets. Of course it's not very convenient if I'm supposed to be sharing the bed, but then on the rare occasion when that happens, I'm content to sleep on top of whoever is in the bed with me. :biggrin:

mattmns said:
we make each other feel normal
That's depressingly accurate... :frown:

Danger said:
How about a nice warm doggie instead...? :devil: :wink:

Doggies can sleep on my feet, but they aren't allowed anywhere near the bed if they are the kind that smokes. :tongue2:

BobG said:
Why don't you just butter the outside of them while their still together? Then you open the book to put the sandwich stuff inside.
That makes sense for the grilled cheese thing, but I like the butter on the inside of my sandwiches. Also, the pieces don't come out of the toaster together. I leave the one into stay warm while I butter the first.

Good idea about the coffee filter, though. I just avoid the whole issue by using instant. Incidentally, the first experience that I had with a coffee maker (other than the commercial type at the bar), was at the ex-from-hell's place. She gave me detailed instructions, from the living room, of what to do... but didn't mention anything about putting the filter holder in... :redface:

I am like Evo again, I need my feet to stick out, and I actually like it when my feet are cold. For some reason I like to be a little cold.

Moonbear said:
Doggies can sleep on my feet, but they aren't allowed anywhere near the bed if they are the kind that smokes. :tongue2:
As mentioned elsewhere, I'm going to quit as soon as pool season is done. That should give you time to get over your cautiousness.

Danger said:
That makes sense for the grilled cheese thing, but I like the butter on the inside of my sandwiches. Also, the pieces don't come out of the toaster together. I leave the one into stay warm while I butter the first.

I prefer mustard or mayo on my sandwiches rather than butter. And I'll definitely take a pass on the buttons in my sandwiches. :tongue2: Though, today I made what I've decided to call a B.A.T. sandwich. Bacon, avocado and tomato. The avocado was really soft, so I just spread it onto rye toast, and with the juicy tomatoes I got (winter must be over in the hot houses), just a little drizzle of ranch dressing was all it needed (I didn't have lettuce, so that's what led to the avocado improvisation). It was VERY tasty. After I finished the first one, I made a second sandwich of the same thing, which is very unusual for me.

mattmns said:
I am like Evo again, I need my feet to stick out, and I actually like it when my feet are cold. For some reason I like to be a little cold.
ME TOO! :approve:

mattmns said:

I think my perfect mate will have to be someone who likes to be a little cold, so when he complains he's too hot with all the blankets on the bed, I can stick my icy feet on him and he'll welcome it! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I prefer mustard or mayo on my sandwiches rather than butter. And I'll definitely take a pass on the buttons in my sandwiches. :tongue2: Though, today I made what I've decided to call a B.A.T. sandwich. Bacon, avocado and tomato. The avocado was really soft, so I just spread it onto rye toast, and with the juicy tomatoes I got (winter must be over in the hot houses), just a little drizzle of ranch dressing was all it needed (I didn't have lettuce, so that's what led to the avocado improvisation). It was VERY tasty. After I finished the first one, I made a second sandwich of the same thing, which is very unusual for me.
Mmmmm, yummmm.

This is simple and yummy. A slice of bread topped with sliced tomatoes, toast it under the broiler and then pour on some ranch dressing...heavenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmns

Evo said:
Hang on there... you're getting into a loop... :wink:

Danger said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmns

Hang on there... you're getting into a loop... :wink:
I was agreeing with the cold feet and feeling cold. :approve:

Evo said:
I was agreeing with the cold feet and feeling cold. :approve:
Yeah, but his statement was an agreement with a previous statement of yours. :uhh:
Incidentally, what the hell happened that this went from a beehive to dead in a matter of seconds? My poor little arthritic typing fingers welcomed the break, but it was a little disconcerting. :confused:

And now it's happened again. Seriously... what's up?

Hmm, I watched some tv for a while, and now I am about to go to bed.

mattmns said:
Hmm, I watched some tv for a while, and now I am about to go to bed.
Okay... thanks. That's very logical. It just seemed so bloody weird that everybody disappeared at once.

Evo said:
mattmns said:
Wow! What a coincidence. You're both like Evo.

Hmmm... I wonder how Evo would respond?

(p.s. :uhh: Has Danger left yet?)

BobG said:
(p.s. :uhh: Has Danger left yet?)
Yeah, man... I saw him leave about an hour ago. Go ahead and speak freely.

Danger said:
Yeah, man... I saw him leave about an hour ago. Go ahead and speak freely.
Whew thank god he finally left.

Hey guys, how many Dangers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? ... :smile:

mattmns said:
Whew thank god he finally left.

I don't care, I'd just like to see him up that ladder...

Danger said:
Yeah, but his statement was an agreement with a previous statement of yours. :uhh:
Incidentally, what the hell happened that this went from a beehive to dead in a matter of seconds? My poor little arthritic typing fingers welcomed the break, but it was a little disconcerting. :confused:
But I didn't mention the "being cold" part, that was the part to which I was saying "me too". :grumpy:

mattmns said:
I might be a tad on the scrawny side, but I'm pretty sure that not even one of me would fit.

Evo said:
But I didn't mention the "being cold" part, that was the part to which I was saying "me too". :grumpy:
Okay, okay! I'm sorry. It's hard to keep track. :redface:

Was that our first fight?

Make-up sex...?

Danger said:
Okay, okay! I'm sorry. It's hard to keep track. :redface:

Was that our first fight?
Here's a boring insight into my personality, I guess it could be considered a weird habit. I am not argumentative in my personal relationships. When I get angry I get quiet. I rarely say anything out of anger that I will later regret, instead I prefer walking away from the situation, thinking about it for awhile and when I've cooled off, decide if it's important enough to discuss, it usually isn't.

Evo said:
Here's a boring insight into my personality, I guess it could be considered a weird habit. I am not argumentative in my personal relationships. When I get angry I get quiet. I rarely say anything out of anger that I will later regret, instead I prefer walking away from the situation, thinking about it for awhile and when I've cooled off, decide if it's important enough to discuss, it usually isn't.
Same here. Glad to hear it. So if that wasn't our first fight... no make-up sex...? :frown:

I like my Peeps rock hard..them ears got to be able to snap off!

hypatia said:
I like my Peeps rock hard..them ears got to be able to snap off!
Okay, part of that is reasonable... but I'm afraid my ears are a bit flexible.