Welcome to the Tiki Bar lounge

  • Thread starter Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Box
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
796 replies · 79K views
Returning from the Crushed Velvet Lounge...

Astronuc said:
How about a Tappas bar?

And Friday night is Fajita/Margarita night or Beer and Pizza night.
I love to watch good salsa dancing. In keeping with the international spirit, this sounds good for TGIF!
Math Is Hard said:
Hi Sis! It's my busy season I'm afraid. Fiscal New Year is approaching at work and it's just not quite the party you'd think it would be.
But now that I'm here, I'll have a Flying Zoobie, please - hold the flaming marshmallows. :smile:
You live on the edge don't you! :biggrin:
Danger said:
there's a wind strong enough to blow a pig off its feet.
Err, what?
Danger said:
then stopped at the Legion for a beer (30 oz; I have my own mug there
Well I tell you what, you can have a personal mug here too. :smile:
yomamma said:
you know what? since you guys won't give me a moonbear madness, because I'm "underage" I should have a drink named after me!
Roy Rogers is already taken...hmm...

*Note to self - see if brewnog can hire a bouncer to prevent trolls from entering...*
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc said:
We can do fruit salads too.

Do you prefer berries - raspberry, blueberry and blackberry, or something more tropical like mango, guava, papaya and peach?
:-p :-p All of them are perfect.I can't choose one of them.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I still can't find the bathroom.
The problem is you've always had way too much to drink by the time you ask this.

(I suspect this may be just another version of

hmmm... )
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I still can't find the bathroom.
Didn't you double park it in the Caption Thread?
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I still can't find the bathroom.

http://img106.echo.cx/img106/4605/scared4jc.jpg

last girl who couldn't find the bathroom... better start looking for it now before its too late!
 
Gale17 said:
http://img106.echo.cx/img106/4605/scared4jc.jpg

last girl who couldn't find the bathroom... better start looking for it now before its too late!
I suppose we could sell Depends...
 
SOS2008 said:
I suppose we could sell Depends...

HAHAHA! excellent! its a new marketing campaign for your bar. we don't have bathrooms cause you can go in your pants! think of all the more drinking you can do if you don't ever have to leave your bar stool!
 
Gale17 said:
last girl who couldn't find the bathroom... better start looking for it now before its too late!
At the Swap Meet here they have a Roach Coach where I usually get a coffee. They have some rickety folding chairs strewn around old, beat up card tables. The chairs and the tables all rock back and forth. I once spilled a coffee onto my crotch with a result very like that photo.
 
Gale17 said:
HAHAHA! excellent! its a new marketing campaign for your bar. we don't have bathrooms cause you can go in your pants! think of all the more drinking you can do if you don't ever have to leave your bar stool!
Shhhh... That's right, here's the slogan:

"Depends are not just for bladder control problems."

I think the guys would really like this when we have a good game on in the sports area.

And since this is a Science Forum, I'm think we should install a transporter to an observatory above... maybe an atrium with rare flowers for botanists...
 
here's the tiki bar's new bathroom:

http://applecrumble.net/blog/images/empty_beer_bottles.jpg

With a large selections of "toilets" including bud light, dos eques, and more!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
SOS2008 said:
Shhhh... That's right, here's the slogan:

"Depends are not just for bladder control problems."

I think the guys would really like this when we have a good game on in the sports area.

And since this is a Science Forum, I'm think we should install a transporter to an observatory above... maybe an atrium with rare flowers for botanists...
and what's the tiki bar's budget?
 
zoobyshoe said:
At the Swap Meet here they have a Roach Coach where I usually get a coffee. They have some rickety folding chairs strewn around old, beat up card tables. The chairs and the tables all rock back and forth. I once spilled a coffee onto my crotch with a result very like that photo.
Yeh, I was thinking that too -- I was a waitress in high school, and another waitress and I collided. She was carrying a tray of water glasses, which spilled on me like that. The Manager wouldn't let me leave to change--needless to say I left that job.
 
Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
At the Swap Meet here they have a Roach Coach where I usually get a coffee. They have some rickety folding chairs strewn around old, beat up card tables. The chairs and the tables all rock back and forth. I once spilled a coffee onto my crotch with a result very like that photo.
Clever excuse but well nobody acceepts it!
 
yomamma said:
and what's the tiki bar's budget?
Aside from profits generated by the establishment, we have silent partners, such as EvoCorp, Bernhardt & Seeking Inc. (sorry I said this incorrectly earlier), etc.

Ive also heard of places that have oxygen bars--great for after you've been on the dance floor. I've been researching various things--It really depends on what the members want. :-p
 
SOS2008 said:
Aside from profits generated by the establishment, we have silent partners, such as EvoCorp, Bernhardt & Seeking Inc. (sorry I said this incorrectly earlier), etc.
well, yomamma electrical wholesale, or YEW, has plenty of money to donate to the tiki bar
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I still can't find the bathroom.
You go through the beaded curtains behind you and hang a left. Pass two doors, one on the left, one on the right, then go through the next beaded curtain on the right. You'll find yourself in a hall. Go down this hall to the door straight in front of you at the end. This door sticks, push hard. To the right are stairs going up. Go left, though, and take the stairs down two flights.

If you see the kitchen, you're on the right floor. If not go back up a half flight, turn around, and come back down. Pass the guys in the dirty white uniforms who are washing dishes and mopping. Continue to the guys who are playing cards, and hang a left. You should see a door that says "Employees Only". That's a supply closet. Duck in there real quick and grab a roll of Toilet Paper if needed. If not, go back up to the second hallway, and take the third doorway with the beaded curtain instead of the second. You'll find yourself in a room with one door. Knock on the door. If no one answers, open the door. You'll be facing the street at the side of the bar. This is where the cabs wait. Those cabbies are wizards at finding their way around. Any one of them can give you superb directions to the bathroom.

Best of luck, and Godspeed.
 
zoobyshoe said:
You go through the beaded curtains behind you and hang a left. Pass two doors, one on the left, one on the right, then go through the next beaded curtain on the right. You'll find yourself in a hall. Go down this hall to the door straight in front of you at the end. This door sticks, push hard. To the right are stairs going up. Go left, though, and take the stairs down two flights.

If you see the kitchen, you're on the right floor. If not go back up a half flight, turn around, and come back down. Pass the guys in the dirty white uniforms who are washing dishes and mopping. Continue to the guys who are playing cards, and hang a left. You should see a door that says "Employees Only". That's a supply closet. Duck in there real quick and grab a roll of Toilet Paper if needed. If not, go back up to the second hallway, and take the third doorway with the beaded curtain instead of the second. You'll find yourself in a room with one door. Knock on the door. If no one answers, open the door. You'll be facing the street at the side of the bar. This is where the cabs wait. Those cabbies are wizards at finding their way around. Any one of them can give you superb directions to the bathroom.

Best of luck, and Godspeed.

I have a copy of the directions from there, a cabbie wrote them out for me:
directions said:
from the outside, go back in the door. take two flights of stairs down. you should see a door that says "bathroom" enter the door. you will find a long hallway which consist of 176 doors leading to different rooms. take the very last one on the left. now, you're in a room that's barely big enough to hold you. there's a tile pattern on the floor. step on the red tile and open the door. you will be back in the hallway, with 275 doors added. (the wall moves back and forth) again, take the last one. you will see a 5 manholes in the room. go down the one in the middle.

you will now be in the tiki bar's basement. at the very end of the basement, you will see 12 pipes. the biggest pipe has a gigantic "biohazard" sticker on it. remove the sticker, and a door will be revealed. go in the door, and you will find that this huge pipe is actually an elevator. take it to the very top floor. now, you're in a room with one window. go out the window, via the ladder. go down until you see a green tinted window. go in there. you will find yourself in a HUGE hallway which has 1093 doors. take the 407th on the right. slide down the pole. you will be in the tiki bar's lower basement. there is a door, do not take it. instead, take the hole on the floor. now you're in the very lowest basement. there are two doors. take the one on the left while traveling in the fourth dimension. you will now be in the bathroom. after you're done, take the back door in the bathroom and you will find yourself back in the bar.
 
whew! zooby, I see how much typing you had to do!
 
yomamma said:
we need zoobie music!
It's good for Franzbear funeral.
nobody'd come to the bar and we have to close it. :cry:
 
That's worse but at least we would have 1 customer!but he has to dance alone.
 
NVM then. go to Ivan's hard rock thread to find some music
 
zoobyshoe said:
You go through the beaded curtains behind you and hang a left. Pass two doors, one on the left, one on the right, then go through the next beaded curtain on the right. You'll find yourself in a hall. Go down this hall to the door straight in front of you at the end. This door sticks, push hard. To the right are stairs going up. Go left, though, and take the stairs down two flights.

If you see the kitchen, you're on the right floor. If not go back up a half flight, turn around, and come back down. Pass the guys in the dirty white uniforms who are washing dishes and mopping. Continue to the guys who are playing cards, and hang a left. You should see a door that says "Employees Only". That's a supply closet. Duck in there real quick and grab a roll of Toilet Paper if needed. If not, go back up to the second hallway, and take the third doorway with the beaded curtain instead of the second. You'll find yourself in a room with one door. Knock on the door. If no one answers, open the door. You'll be facing the street at the side of the bar. This is where the cabs wait. Those cabbies are wizards at finding their way around. Any one of them can give you superb directions to the bathroom.

Best of luck, and Godspeed.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 
yomamma said:
NVM then. go to Ivan's hard rock thread to find some music
Great suggestion. :wink: We can choose our customers then.
(For sure never Aerosmith,Quen...whatever Ivan likes!)
 
Lisa! said:
That's worse but at least we would have 1 customer!but he has to dance alone.
Once at a concert, there was music piped in before the concert was to start, and a guy started dancing alone. People began throwing coins down to him. I suppose it could become almost as dangerous as the darts...

*Make note to self - check with brewnog about liability of people dancing alone. Oh, and girls dancing with their shoes and handbags in the middle of a circle -- that could be dangerous too.*

"Astronuc, I think I could use a Moonbear Madness...or maybe by now a Moonbeast (a Moonbear Madness with a :devil: )?"
 
yomamma said:
and astronuc, I'll have a virgin yomamma's milk
What do you mean?You don't want to have him here? :confused: