Welcome to the Tiki Bar lounge

  • Thread starter Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Box
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
796 replies · 79K views
Moonbear said:
You can try, but we have the latest technology around here. We determine age with a quick test to determine telomere length. You can't fool that with a fake ID. :approve:
hmm, ever see Gattica?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
I did it with a blowdryer and an ice pick. (use your imagination)
No wonder your cat ran away! :eek:

How's that going, by the way? We haven't heard anything lately.
 
yourdadonapogostick said:
hmm, ever see Gattica?
Ah, yes, but that whole retina scan/urine test thing turned out to be pretty unreliable. People kept finding ways around it. :-p
 
Gattica was a great movie.

I'd like a Saphire and tonic please!
 
Evo said:
Anyone watching the president on tv?
Nope. I flipped channels until I found one without him. I can't believe I'm watching Gilmore Girls! I should just turn it off. :rolleyes:
 
Moonbear said:
Nope. I flipped channels until I found one without him. I can't believe I'm watching Gilmore Girls! I should just turn it off. :rolleyes:
Yes. TV rots your brain.
I'm at work so I can't watch though I'm pretty sure that I could hear about it if I were to turn on the talk radio station I listen to.
 
I think I'll have a bahama yomamma after last nights adventure with chili's fried chicken and my stomach :rolleyes:
 
Why is this thread dying? And why is SOS not here to help keep it going?



. . . _ _ _ . . . !
 
Please accept my apology for all the mayhem I may have caused in the gang war with Capone and his thugs. I know the WMD caused some damage, and some customers were afraid to venture to the Tiki. Now that there is much better technology for security, transportation, service, etc., hopefully things will pick up again.

*Okay, so any hotties in here tonight?*
 
Only one. It looks like Gale is the only female browsing GD at the moment.
 
Barkeep! One moonbeast with a chaser of flying zoobies, extra flaming marshmallows please! :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Barkeep! One moonbeast with a chaser of flying zoobies, extra flaming marshmallows please! :biggrin:
Make that two! :-p
 
Now we have more than one.
And I'd still like that Saphire and tonic.
Maybe I'll just have to get it myself.
And the ladies drinks while I'm at it.
 
Bartender! A triple Moonbeast! Flaming umbrellas!

Darn kittens.

A stray had kittens a few weeks ago and the darn things are flying through the air like the Flying Wolenda's. Every few seconds a kitten goes flying across my monitor. :mad:

I'm sitting here trying to type and every few seconds I feel a dozen razor sharp claws penetrating my back and thighs. Of course gravity goes into play immediately and they start sliding down, ripping my flesh off as they go.

I'm allergic to cat scratches. I'm covered with bloody, swollen, itching, burning gashes over most of my body.

I brought them inside to protect them from the wild animals and chicken hawks in the neighborhood.

DAMN ANIMALS. (but they're so cute) They're at that anti-gravity stage where they move around like they're having trouble remaining attached to the ground so they have to walk around with their claws extended so they don't float off into space (which right now wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing!)
 
Evo said:
Bartender! A triple Moonbeast! Flaming umbrellas!
Wow! Sounds like it's been a bad day! I think I'll have one with you to take the edge off my sore back from cutting up tree branches.

Darn kittens.

A stray had kittens a few weeks ago and the darn things are flying through the air like the Flying Wolenda's. Every few seconds a kitten goes flying across my monitor. :mad:
:smile: :smile: :smile: Sounds cute. :smile:

I'm sitting here trying to type and every few seconds I feel a dozen razor sharp claws penetrating my back and thighs. Of course gravity goes into play immediately and they start sliding down, ripping my flesh off as they go.

I'm allergic to cat scratches. I'm covered with bloody, swollen, itching, burning gashes over most of my body.
Eeeeeooooowwwwww! Not so cute!

I brought them inside to protect them from the wild animals and chicken hawks in the neighborhood.
Luckily I only get feral kittens that I can't get close enough to be tempted to bring them inside.

DAMN ANIMALS. (but they're so cute) They're at that anti-gravity stage where they move around like they're having trouble remaining attached to the ground so they have to walk around with their claws extended so they don't float off into space (which right now wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing!)
:smile: Hee hee. I don't think I've ever noticed that stage in kittens. The only kitten I ever had didn't come with a mom, so we were able to give him to my step-sister pretty young. But, yeah, even when I don't like cats, I was the one bottle feeding that kitty and wiping its butt to make it poop (and then giving it baths because I guess cat moms just lick that stuff off and if you don't, they end up rather covered in it ).
 
:bugeye: *jumps behind the bar*

The lady's usual... tripled.

And you Moonie?
 
I don't have to worry about cat scratches. I just worry about stepping on the poor little guys. My feet are of quasi-zooby-esque proportions.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
:bugeye: *jumps behind the bar*

The lady's usual... tripled.

And you Moonie?
I think I'll just stick with my usual Moonbear Madness tonight. Just need to take the edge off, not knock myself unconscious. :-p
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
:bugeye: *jumps behind the bar*

The lady's usual... tripled.

And you Moonie?
Moonies' having a triple..put that sugarcube that burns blue on her drink. :smile:
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
I don't have to worry about cat scratches. I just worry about stepping on the poor little guys. My feet are of quasi-zooby-esque proportions.
That is why I am desgning protective roll bars for them to wear.
 
Evo said:
Moonies' having a triple..put that sugarcube that burns blue on her drink. :smile:
On second thought, yeah, a triple, as long as I get the blue sugar cube! :biggrin: With this continuing thunder, I probably will need to be knocked unconscious to fall asleep tonight.
 
Evo said:
That is why I am desgning protective roll bars for them to wear.
Maybe little mittens for all the kittens would be a better one to start with given your allergy to cat scratches.
 
Бармен, водки пожалуйста. Я праздную!

:zzz:
 
Evo said:
Moonies' having a triple..put that sugarcube that burns blue on her drink. :smile:
Wait... just what kind of sugarcubes are we talkin about here? Maybe I should just serve up some absinthe.

Evo said:
That is why I am desgning protective roll bars for them to wear.
My ex was quite upset when one of her kittens was stepped on. Fortunately it was probably a pretty quick end, and fortunately it wasn't me either.
I still have a cat constantly underfoot though. At least this one can take a kick or two without getting damaged.
 
You know what, make me another triple! I'm just remembering that my neighbor's dog ate a baby bird today. :frown: One of the robins. We were out in the yard talking and the dog was running around doing his usual dog stuff, and I look over and see him being dive-bombed by robins and then realize he has a bird in his mouth. :cry: My neighbor was really mad at the dog for that too. Poor birdie. Then I got to wondering, what is it like to be a bird parent? The parent robin sat up on the fence near the baby for a while, still squawking, and then just flew away to another tree. :cry:

This dog is a real handful too. He's a rescue dog and apparently spent the first 6 months of his life locked in a bathroom. He's only a little over a year now, so still acts like a puppy too, but has a lot more learning to do (but he is a smart dog...I was out in the yard last week and was talking with my neighbor's brother who now lives behind me and was dog-sitting, and the dog was getting really rambunctious, and in just a few minutes of gently prompting him to sit in between talking with the other neighbor, the dog was learning to sit by hand-signals (though he kept wanting to chew on my work gloves...he has some sort of shepherd markings...apparently the shelter told them it's Australian shepherd, but it looks like German shepherd to me...either way, they tend to be heel biters and chewers until properly trained). Apparently he needs to learn the command "Drop!" very soon.
 
I wasn't sure how to feel about it... the other day my neighbors cat walked over into their yard carrying a bird in it's mouth. I thought "Darn Cat". After a bit I realized though that it was sitting on the porch over there with the bird still in it's mouth trying to get attention. It started pawing at the bird, in it's mouth, and kept trying to get attention. It dawned on me that the poor thing had the bird stuck in it's mouth and couldn't get it out. Well maybe "poor thing" maybe not. That's the part I wasn't sure how to feel about but I still felt sorry for the little guy. I wanted to go over and help it but I wasn't sure how the neighbors would feel since they don't know me.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
I wasn't sure how to feel about it... the other day my neighbors cat walked over into their yard carrying a bird in it's mouth. I thought "Darn Cat". After a bit I realized though that it was sitting on the porch over there with the bird still in it's mouth trying to get attention. It started pawing at the bird, in it's mouth, and kept trying to get attention. It dawned on me that the poor thing had the bird stuck in it's mouth and couldn't get it out. Well maybe "poor thing" maybe not. That's the part I wasn't sure how to feel about but I still felt sorry for the little guy. I wanted to go over and help it but I wasn't sure how the neighbors would feel since they don't know me.

I'd think poor cat, stupid owners. The cat was just doing what cats do, but it was the owners who let it roam outside to do that.

If either of us had noticed the baby bird in the yard before the dog did, the dog would have been put inside until the bird was gone. I don't blame the dog, that's just what dogs do too, but it's still sad, because we just didn't see that bird out there. Grown birds can get away just fine, but the baby bird didn't have a chance. :frown:
 
Dogs and cats are natural hunters of small animals.

We have a female, Misty, who is a natural hunter. She brings us mice from the garage occassionally, and she knows exactly where to go to find them. Our dog, Sassy, a Yorkshire terrier, goes after birds, mice, voles, moles, ground squirels (chipmunks), so we watch her.

We have to be careful in our yard. The dog is tethered, and our cats stay indoors - we live on a very busy street.

Artic Fox!

Вот - ваша водка.

Что празднуете?