Welcome to the Tiki Bar lounge

  • Thread starter Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Box
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
796 replies · 79K views
not anymore
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
Lisa!, could you please write out your words? I can't even begin to guess what you're talking about when you only type one letter of a word.
Not important because I can't understand if you're on! :biggrin: h:hour/m:minute(min)/s:second(sec) o:)
 
Lisa! said:
Not important because I can't understand if you're on! :biggrin: h:hour/m:minute(min)/s:second(sec) o:)
You mean because I'm in invisible mode? Are you still upset about that? It's fun sneaking up on people. For just $25/year, that's only slightly more than $2/month, you too can be a contributor and be invisible. :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
You mean because I'm in invisible mode? Are you still upset about that? It's fun sneaking up on people. For just $25/year, that's only slightly more than $2/month, you too can be a contributor and be invisible. :biggrin:
Thanks!I already bother members a lot! :wink:
 
Lisa! said:
Thanks!I already bother members a lot! :wink:
Bother us? Nah, we'd have to understand you first. :biggrin: :smile: Once we get the abbreviations translated, it's okay. Well, there is that confusing exclamation point in your name that makes it really difficult to figure out how to punctuate sentences when we're talking to you, and I always feel like I'm yelling at you when I say your name with that exclamation point at the end. :-p
 
It doesn't bother you when you can't understand me!?
 
Moonbear said:
Bother us? Nah, we'd have to understand you first. :biggrin: :smile: Once we get the abbreviations translated, it's okay. Well, there is that confusing exclamation point in your name that makes it really difficult to figure out how to punctuate sentences when we're talking to you, and I always feel like I'm yelling at you when I say your name with that exclamation point at the end. :-p
I explain about it once through Pet Peeves thread! :wink:I have to go now, so I can't do it again! :zzz: And I taught you how to punctuate sentences like Lisa!!
 
Lisa! said:
It doesn't bother you when you can't understand me!?
Nope, just confuses me. If I can't sort it out, I just skip over it unless I think you're replying to me, then I try to get you to clarify. Why? Do you do it on purpose? I assumed you're accustomed to IM chatting and have abbreviations that make sense to you but aren't familiar to those of us who still type complete sentences in IM.
 
Lisa! said:
I explain about it once through Pet Peeves thread! :wink:I have to go now, so I can't do it again! :zzz: And I taught you how to punctuate sentences like Lisa!!
Oh, must have missed that lesson. :biggrin: Is it that click sound like in !Kung people?
 
The Tiki Bar is now open for business. Would anyone like a drink?
 
Yes please!

I'll have a shot of AstroBrew (c). Make it a double.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
The Tiki Bar is now open for business. Would anyone like a drink?
i want seven and a half franzbear frenzys. *pulls out fake ID* :biggrin:
 
yourdadonapogostick said:
i want seven and a half franzbear frenzys. *pulls out fake ID* :biggrin:
You don't need a fake ID just to help carry those to my table. :biggrin: Thanks so much! :approve:
 
yomamma said:
mooching moonbear...
Well, surely he wasn't going to drink them himself, being underage and all. o:) I thought it was nice of him to get the drinks for me. :smile:
 
yomamma said:
:rolleyes: you couldv'e given 'im one!
He needs to be 0.6 years older. Hmm...by now it's probably more like 0.5 years older. Pogo, what month is your birthday? Edit: nevermind, I looked it up in your profile. You only have about 4 months to go until you're 17.6. :biggrin: We'll throw a really big un-birthday bash for you when that happens.
 
Last edited:
ok, i have a treat for everyone:
PottedMeatFoodProduct.jpg
 
Lol... and sorry but my stuffed monkey is definitely cooler than your canned meat. erm... nevermind.
 
yomamma said:
mooching moonbear...
It's not called mooching, it's called dating. :-p
Buying a lady a drink is always a good idea.
Well unless she's under age then that could be a very bad idea.
 
yourdadonapogostick said:
bartender, send moonie a drink, on me. :biggrin:
Well, usually they just carry it out on a tray, but okay; just hold still while they carry you, I don't want my drink spilled by the time it gets to the table. :biggrin:
 
brewnog said:
Yes please!

I'll have a shot of AstroBrew (c). Make it a double.
Also known by its scientific name as Brewnog's condensate -- requires rare tropical ingredients, the right fermentation process, and just condensed at just the right time and temperature.

He's also working on Brewnog's Nuc-brew, which has a bit of an after-kick (or prehaps afterburn) to it. :wink:
 
I'm tired, even though I slept 11 1/2 hours :zzz:
 
yea, i actually slept today. :biggrin: went to bed at 7am and got up at 4pm.