1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics What are good biology/physics-based jobs?

1. Feb 20, 2009 #1
    I'm in my final year of high school and thinking about uni courses I should take but I'm not sure what kinda of job I want at the end of it. So, I'm a bit unsure with uni courses to take.

I would love a biology/physics based job.
    I was thinking something in nanotechnology and it's application in biology but I'm not sure if there is such a job and if they are in demand.
    Also I'm not sure if it will pay well, not nessecarily hundreds of thousands of dollars but enough so I don't have to live out of a breifcase.

So what do you think I should do?
    Any jobs out there that I should look into?

Thanks =D

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2009 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You might want to look into medical physics. It combines physics and biology, there is a large demand for qualified medical physicists now and into the foreseeable future, and the pay is pretty good.

4. Feb 22, 2009 #3
    Medical physics sounds ideal for you, but you will need a pretty competitive GPA and test scores to get into a medical physics program.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook