Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics What are good biology/physics-based jobs?

1. Feb 20, 2009 #1
    I'm in my final year of high school and thinking about uni courses I should take but I'm not sure what kinda of job I want at the end of it. So, I'm a bit unsure with uni courses to take.

I would love a biology/physics based job.
    I was thinking something in nanotechnology and it's application in biology but I'm not sure if there is such a job and if they are in demand.
    Also I'm not sure if it will pay well, not nessecarily hundreds of thousands of dollars but enough so I don't have to live out of a breifcase.

So what do you think I should do?
    Any jobs out there that I should look into?

Thanks =D

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2009 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You might want to look into medical physics. It combines physics and biology, there is a large demand for qualified medical physicists now and into the foreseeable future, and the pay is pretty good.

4. Feb 22, 2009 #3
    Medical physics sounds ideal for you, but you will need a pretty competitive GPA and test scores to get into a medical physics program.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook