Are there comprehensive books on all known particles in the universe?

In summary, there are different types of matter and particle accelerators mentioned in the article. The conversation discusses the existence of a resource that defines all known particles, and two recommended books are mentioned - David Griffiths' An Introduction to Elementary Particles and Cindy Schwarz's A Tour of the Subatomic Zoo: A Guide to Particle Physics. Both books are recommended for further reading on the topic.
land_of_ice
In the following article, they mention some different types of matter, and particle accelorators, is there a book or some resource that defines all of the types of known particles, so that the article is much more clearer?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20100518/sc_space/whyweexistmatterwinsbattleoverantimatter

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I'd recommend David Griffiths' An Introduction to Elementary Particles.

This book is aimed at first/second year undergraduates though, so if you're looking for something a little more accessible to the layman I'd suggest Cindy Schwarz's A Tour of the Subatomic Zoo: A Guide to Particle Physics.

Happy reading :).

lilphil1989 said:
I'd recommend David Griffiths' An Introduction to Elementary Particles.

This book is aimed at first/second year undergraduates though, so if you're looking for something a little more accessible to the layman I'd suggest Cindy Schwarz's A Tour of the Subatomic Zoo: A Guide to Particle Physics.

Happy reading :).
Thanks <3 nice books :)

What are some book titles that cover ALL or most of the types of particles that exist?

1. "The Particle Zoo: A Comprehensive Guide to Subatomic Particles"

2. "From Quarks to Quasars: A Journey Through the World of Fundamental Particles"

3. "Beyond the Atom: Exploring the Diversity of Subatomic Particles"

4. "Particles and Forces: An Illustrated Guide to the Fundamental Building Blocks of the Universe"

5. "The Particle Puzzle: Unraveling the Mysteries of Matter and Energy"