What Are Some Good Ideas for a Senior Project in Nuclear Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
BH Wiz
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
What are some good ideas for a senior project in nuclear physics?
So far I've taken the following courses (important ones): Analytical Mechanics, E&M, Introduction to Modern physics, Introduction to Nuclear physics.
Right now I'm enrolled in the QM course (as well as others).
I should be graduating next semester (by Fall) so I was advised to pick a senior project and begin working on it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
BH Wiz said:
What are some good ideas for a senior project in nuclear physics?
So far I've taken the following courses (important ones): Analytical Mechanics, E&M, Introduction to Modern physics, Introduction to Nuclear physics.
Right now I'm enrolled in the QM course (as well as others).
I should be graduating next semester (by Fall) so I was advised to pick a senior project and begin working on it.
What periodicals do you read in the nuclear physics field? What interesting papers or articles have you read recently? Does your university have a reactor or an accelerator available? What research areas are your professors engaged in? Does your academic advisor have any suggestions?

What are some of the typical senior projects that you have seen from previous nuclear physics students?