1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Senior project ideas? - Physics/Engineering

1. Apr 19, 2017 #1
    Hello there!
    As a current junior undergrad, it is time to start thinking about senior project/design ideas. Although I will be a physicist by degree, I plan on pursuing graduate school in an engineering field (most likely mechanical, aerospace, or something closely related). I still have some time to decide what I would like to do for a senior project, but it is never too early to start planning especially in order to get extra funding.
    I am 99.99% sure that I would like to design and build something rather than conduct experimenting that entails pages of extensive data collection. I like the idea of assembling a complex mechanical/electromechanical system that can accomplish a certain task, but I'm having trouble coming up with any ideas... My primary interests include acoustics, piezoelectric energy harvesting, and human-powered rovers.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2017 #2

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Hand-cranked or peddle-powered electrical generator?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted