What Are Some One-Handed, Minimal-Residue Food Options for the Fallout 4 Launch?

In summary: I've added a few more things to my Fallout 4 grocery list:Bite size* frozen, microwavable breakfast sandwiches*(and regular size too [not shown])Mentats. (After seeing some of the other items on my list, I may need some sort of supplement.)Crispy squirrel bits. Not actual squirrel bits, but vegan squirrel bits!Bananas ,raspberries, strawberries, carrot sticks and yogurt should keep you going.Sunset Sarsaparilla anyone?What will you be eating with Fallout 4?Tomorrow! I'm still making my way through DA:I. These days games are so buggy at release
collinsmark
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Fallout 4 launch is just around the corner. Since I probably won't be leaving the house for a month or so after that, I should stock up on supplies.

Preferred food should be keyboard and mouse friendly: food that can be eaten with one hand, without utensils. I already have some stock of pizza rolls, but I should also get something with more nutrition. Apples? That sounds nutritious, I guess. Apples. And grapes? Grapes might work. Any other ideas?

Here is my shopping list so far:

Pizza rolls
Pepperoni_Pizza_Rolls.jpe

Apples
180px-Malus_Goldrenette_F._v._Berlepsch.jpg

Grapes
330px-Table_grapes_on_white.jpg

Microwavable, frozen burgers
1095851-b00032iw82.01_a3cdpegsiqm61v.lzzzzzzz.jpg
Fish sticks
330px-Fishfinger_classic_fried_2.jpg

What will you be eating with Fallout 4?

Likes PWiz
Physics news on Phys.org
Don't forget to stock up on Pringles.

Likes collinsmark
I plan to buy a CamelBak for games. Left hand on WASD, right hand on mouse, no way to grab a glass.

Likes Greg Bernhardt and collinsmark
Do they have curry pizza rolls ? They're yum!
Borek said:
[...] no way to grab a glass.
You don't need to, but instead you can use a paper or plastic one and hang it in front of your chest with e.g a shoe lace over your neck, then suck the water up with a long straw while still enjoying your games.

Real gamers use TPN.

Likes collinsmark
Ygggdrasil said:
What about soylent?
Would not buy. There's no people in it.

Likes Drakkith
Bananas ,raspberries, strawberries, carrot sticks and yogurt should keep you going.

Likes collinsmark
Great suggestions so far everybody!

I've added a few more things to my Fallout 4 grocery list:

Bite size* frozen, microwavable breakfast sandwiches
jimmy-dean-biscuit-sausage-183032.jpg

*(and regular size too [not shown])

-----------------
Eggs! Hard-boiled eggs should fit the preferences quite well. Exactly one egg per mouthful. I call them my "mini-nukes."
Eggs.jpg

(Of course it will take a small stint of time to cook them and remove the shells, but I'll chalk that up to "crafting" experience.)

-----------------
Mentats. (After seeing some of the other items on my list, I may need some sort of supplement.)
Vitamins-Baldness.jpg

(Or would this be more like Rad-X?)

-----------------
Crispy squirrel bits. Not actual squirrel bits, but vegan squirrel bits!
boca-soy-protein-chikn-141881.jpg

-----------------
Bloatfly burrito
http://elmonterey.com/content/uploads/2014/04/8-ct-family-pack-beanandcheese-burrito.png

(Can't go wrong with bloatflys.)

-----------------
RadAway (Just in case.)
tumblr_inline_nk51r5Whzt1sn6scg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ygggdrasil said:
What about soylent?

Bandersnatch said:
Would not buy. There's no people in it.

Either variety should work great once I take the Cannibal perk.

latest?cb=20151002163210.png

latest?cb=20101125051615.png

Sunset Sarsaparilla anyone?

Likes collinsmark and Greg Bernhardt
collinsmark said:
What will you be eating with Fallout 4?

Tomorrow! I'm still making my way through DA:I. These days games are so buggy at release I like to wait a few patches in it buy.

I usually munch on trail mix, popcorn or cereal.

Likes collinsmark
Greg Bernhardt said:
I usually munch on trail mix, popcorn
Great ideas there! I'll put them on the list.

or cereal.
Thanks, but I think I'll skip that idea for myself. It reminds me too much of Sugar Bombs (I don't go near sugar, even if I'm not eating it.)*
*[Edit: my phobia of being in close proximity to sugar is admittedly an irrational one -- not scientific.]

146?cb=20110302082745.png

There's a quest[/PLAIN] in Fallout 3 where you learn that an essential ingredient in Ultrajet, a more powerful version of Jet, is processed Sugar Bombs. It gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a cup of tea and some banana crisps. Nothing more though because Tuesday is a day I actually have to do stuff >:( along with Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Honestly why does the games industry still release on a Tuesday! (Last) Friday would be so much better.

Likes PWiz
Hot dogs, donuts, sandwich, all kinds of sweets.

beer and brownies ;)

collinsmark said:
Fallout 4 launch is just around the corner. Since I probably won't be leaving the house for a month or so after that, I should stock up on supplies.

Preferred food should be keyboard and mouse friendly: food that can be eaten with one hand, without utensils. I already have some stock of pizza rolls, but I should also get something with more nutrition.
You forgot to mention the food must also leave behind minimal residue: Cheetos + keyboard = bad times.

Wrapping anything in a tortilla seems like a great option. Any sauce is contained, you can eat it with one hand with no finger residue, and you can make them as (un-)healthy as you like.

What is "Video game friendly food"?

"Video game friendly food" refers to food or snacks that are specifically chosen or prepared to be eaten while playing video games. These foods are often easy to eat with one hand and do not require utensils or make a mess.

Why is "Video game friendly food" important?

For avid gamers, eating while playing is a common occurrence. Having food that is convenient and easy to eat allows players to continue gaming without interruptions. It also helps to prevent greasy controllers and keyboards.

What are some examples of "Video game friendly food"?

Examples of "Video game friendly food" include finger foods such as chips, pretzels, and popcorn, as well as bite-sized snacks like grapes, berries, and cheese cubes. Sandwiches and wraps can also be considered video game friendly if they are easy to hold and eat with one hand.

Are there any health concerns with "Video game friendly food"?

While convenient, many video game friendly foods are often high in calories, sodium, and unhealthy fats. It is important to still maintain a balanced and nutritious diet, even while gaming. Consider incorporating healthier options such as fruits, vegetables, and nuts into your gaming snacks.

Can "Video game friendly food" affect my gaming performance?

Eating certain foods can affect your energy levels and concentration, which can impact your gaming performance. Foods high in sugar and caffeine may give you a temporary boost, but can also lead to crashes and decreased focus later on. Eating a balanced and nutritious diet overall is important for maintaining optimal performance while gaming.

Back