What are some recipes for avocado and lime soup?
- Thread starter ZapperZ
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
303 replies · 32K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
They must go out of their way to pair you with polar opposites so that you will want to leave as soon as possible.Moonbear said:That's worse than the roommate my sister had when my nephew was born...she's a parole officer and her roommate and visitors were loudly talking about being in and out of jail and such (yeah, and just had a baby...great life that kid was going to have). My sister was tempted to accidentally leave her badge lying out so they'd see it and shut up. She said a few times they came very close to saying something that she would have been obligated to call the cops on them about, which was not what she wanted to be doing while on maternity leave.
Good and Good.Kurdt said:I can pretend to chat.
The puppy is fine and is spoilt.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Evo said:They must go out of their way to pair you with polar opposites so that you will want to leave as soon as possible.
She couldn't get out soon enough. (And ooops, she's a probation officer, not a parole officer...I always get that wrong.
)Why is it so hard to have a quiet roommate who is just happy to take their pain medicine and get home as soon as possible?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
YAY! Evo's back! We missed you.
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Woo! Are we going to have a Warren-coup chat? It would give Evo something to do while feasting on lobster bisque.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Where is my bowing smiley?chroot said:That's the only reason? I'm sure I can figure out how to turn it on myself...
- Warren
TheStatutoryApe
- 301
- 3
Evo said:I could have stayed and had endless prayer groups praying over my bed for another day, but I insisted on coming home.![]()
You could always go chat here...
http://myguidinglight.org/
;-p
Welcome home Evo!
Get rest and make sure to feed the male nurse before you go to bed.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I think the throat thing is getting serious, my throat is covered with red blisters, my fever is going up, and I have a red rash on my face. I called my surgeon's "back up" since he is off and asked her why no one was concerned about why I was progressivley having more pain and more difficulty swallowing. She said she didn't know. When the nurse reported that i could no longer swallow pills, she's the one that changed me to liquid pain killers. I asked her if it was normal for these blisters to develop and she said no, so I asked her what I should do and she said she didn't know. If I'm not better in the morning, I'm going to the emergency room.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
I hope you didn't catch strep from one of those dirty hillbillies!
TheStatutoryApe
- 301
- 3
Evo said:I think the throat thing is getting serious, my throat is covered with red blisters, my fever is going up, and I have a red rash on my face. I called my surgeon's "back up" since he is off and asked her why no one was concerned about why I was progressivley having more pain and more difficulty swallowing. She said she didn't know. When the nurse reported that i could no longer swallow pills, she's the one that changed me to liquid pain killers. I asked her if it was normal for these blisters to develop and she said no, so I asked her what I should do and she said she didn't know. If I'm not better in the morning, I'm going to the emergency room.
Do you think you should wait? Are you breathing ok and everything?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
Evo said:I think the throat thing is getting serious, my throat is covered with red blisters, my fever is going up, and I have a red rash on my face. I called my surgeon's "back up" since he is off and asked her why no one was concerned about why I was progressivley having more pain and more difficulty swallowing. She said she didn't know. When the nurse reported that i could no longer swallow pills, she's the one that changed me to liquid pain killers. I asked her if it was normal for these blisters to develop and she said no, so I asked her what I should do and she said she didn't know. If I'm not better in the morning, I'm going to the emergency room.
Can you call back and talk to another nurse? That one sounds like she doesn't know what the heck she's doing.
Your throat is really troubling to me. Could it be caused by an allergic reaction? If it is, you better not wait until morning!
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
If your throat swells, you could get into trouble quickly. Stay out of the lobster bisque, too. Food allergies can present themselves when your body's immune system is weak, and can put you in some serious trouble. It might be a good idea to get back to the hospital for observation.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I guess they were Prairiebillies. They drove from the middle of nowhere to Paola, KS (the BIG City), then came into town.Math Is Hard said:I hope you didn't catch strep from one of those dirty hillbillies!
I had less than 1 hour of sleep in over 24 hours because of this woman, I finally snapped around 6am when I was finally about to get to sleep and she turned on the tv at full volume because she's hard of hearing, after her flip flopping in her sleep all night and turning her IV alarm on (she never woke up during any of this) I was calling the nurse every 15-20 minutes for them to come reset her IV and turn the alarm off. She was fresh as a daisy after a good night's sleep.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
That wasn't a nurse, that was the SURGEON!lisab said:Can you call back and talk to another nurse? That one sounds like she doesn't know what the heck she's doing.
I think it's an infection, it looks like strep and I'm running a fever.Your throat is really troubling to me. Could it be caused by an allergic reaction? If it is, you better not wait until morning!
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Evo said:I guess they were Prairiebillies. They drove from the middle of nowhere to Paola, KS (the BIG City), then came into town.
I had less than 1 hour of sleep in over 24 hours because of this woman, I finally snapped around 6am when I was finally about to get to sleep and she turned on the tv at full volume because she's hard of hearing, after her flip flopping in her sleep all night and turning her IV alarm on (she never woke up during any of this) I was calling the nurse every 15-20 minutes for them to come reset her IV and turn the alarm off. She was fresh as a daisy after a good night's sleep.
I knew that downhome prairie gown was going to lead to trouble. I figure the staff saw that and decided to book you in the Hallelujah Suite. "Oh, she'll be happy as a clam in there with her god-fearing brethren." :)
Last edited:
rewebster
- 883
- 2
I'd say if they don't call back in 15 minutes go to the emergency room---let them figure it out--'things' happen with surgery
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Math Is Hard said:I knew that downhome prairie gown was going to lead to trouble. I figure the staff saw that and decided to book you in the Hallelujah Suite. "Oh, she'll be happy as a clam in there with her god-fearing brethren." :)
- 3,777
- 2,002
I really wouldn't wait around to long with that throat. especially if you are running a fever. I find it hard to believe that they aren't more concerned about it.
On another note, I see that I'm not the only one who had a roommate form hell during a Hospital stay. In my case, it was an ill-tempered older man who did nothing but complain, and give the nurses a hard time. He woke up hallucinating in the middle of the night (As far as I could tell he was back fighting WWII). He could never seem to to figure out how to use the call button, and I woke up a few times to the TV (which he turned on trying to call a nurse). I had to share that room with him for 5 days. The bright side was that the nurses didn't have to badger me to get up and move around, I did quite a bit of that on my own just to get out of the room.
On another note, I see that I'm not the only one who had a roommate form hell during a Hospital stay. In my case, it was an ill-tempered older man who did nothing but complain, and give the nurses a hard time. He woke up hallucinating in the middle of the night (As far as I could tell he was back fighting WWII). He could never seem to to figure out how to use the call button, and I woke up a few times to the TV (which he turned on trying to call a nurse). I had to share that room with him for 5 days. The bright side was that the nurses didn't have to badger me to get up and move around, I did quite a bit of that on my own just to get out of the room.
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
Welcome home, Evo! It sounds like an adventurous hospital visit, even though short and compressed. I'm assuming you have someone staying with you, yes? To keep an eye on you and whatnot? (I know that the "whatnot" is the most important stuff.)
Your throat is concerning. However, as with everything else, I trust your judgment to figure out when to press for more help.
I'm glad you came through all intact.
Your throat is concerning. However, as with everything else, I trust your judgment to figure out when to press for more help.
I'm glad you came through all intact.
B. Elliott
- 264
- 10
Evo said:I called my surgeon's "back up" since he is off and asked her why no one was concerned about why I was progressivley having more pain and more difficulty swallowing. She said she didn't know. When the nurse reported that i could no longer swallow pills, she's the one that changed me to liquid pain killers. I asked her if it was normal for these blisters to develop and she said no, so I asked her what I should do and she said she didn't know.
Is it just me, or does it sound as though they didn't care one bit about your throat slowyly closing off? To me that's more serious than the surgery you just had!
Otherwise, glad to hear you came out OK Evo.
Last edited by a moderator:
~christina~
Gold Member
- 714
- 0
I guess I'm late on the welcome back bandwagon.
I can't give any medical advice but you should make a racket about them not giving you more attention for that throat of yours.
I can't give any medical advice but you should make a racket about them not giving you more attention for that throat of yours.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 22,714
- 7,805
Fever and red rash is not a good sign. I hope Evo Child will check on you in the morning. I'd be concerned about a staph infection, which could be very serious if it gets in the blood system. Does the doctor or hospital staff know about the fever AND red rash. If the fever is anything around 102 or over, that's serious.Evo said:I think the throat thing is getting serious, my throat is covered with red blisters, my fever is going up, and I have a red rash on my face. I called my surgeon's "back up" since he is off and asked her why no one was concerned about why I was progressivley having more pain and more difficulty swallowing. She said she didn't know. When the nurse reported that i could no longer swallow pills, she's the one that changed me to liquid pain killers. I asked her if it was normal for these blisters to develop and she said no, so I asked her what I should do and she said she didn't know. If I'm not better in the morning, I'm going to the emergency room.
I assume you're on antibiotics - I hope.
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
YES! What Warren said! GO to the ER NOW!
Please? Post Op fevers are not to be messed around with.
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Do you think that Evo is going to follow reasonable guidelines? Her super-being mentality will let her ignore her own best self-interest. I wish I lived near, so I could kick her butt back to the hospital!
rewebster
- 883
- 2
I hope she went---my first thought was it could be something like MRSA--its prevalent in hospitals and its quick acting
phyzmatix
- 313
- 0
Evo said:That wasn't a nurse, that was the SURGEON!
I have had similar experiences with doctors, where their "expertise" was painfully lacking. Give them hell Evo! You/your medical aid is paying these people disgusting salaries, let them earn it.
Similar threads
- Evo
- · Replies 9 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 9
- enigma
- · Replies 6 ·
- DIY Projects
- Replies
- 6