What are some recipes for avocado and lime soup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
303 replies · 32K views
Do I remember correctly, that she said it could be anywhere between 1 and 3 days in the hospital?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Redbelly98 said:
Do I remember correctly, that she said it could be anywhere between 1 and 3 days in the hospital?

Yes, and I don't think she planned to have a computer with her (maybe no connection there if she did have it, or perhaps not safe to use with all the monitors). BUT, we did give pretty clear instructions to have Evo Child let us know she was doing okay. I just hope she hasn't done anything stupid like trying to get out of bed herself while drugged up and falling over and popping all her stitches and having to have them redo it all again...:rolleyes: But Evo would never do anything like that, right? :rolleyes:
 
Moonbear said:
Yes, and I don't think she planned to have a computer with her (maybe no connection there if she did have it, or perhaps not safe to use with all the monitors). BUT, we did give pretty clear instructions to have Evo Child let us know she was doing okay. I just hope she hasn't done anything stupid like trying to get out of bed herself while drugged up and falling over and popping all her stitches and having to have them redo it all again...:rolleyes: But Evo would never do anything like that, right? :rolleyes:

When was the last time the Childe or Spawn were on PF anyway?
 
I can't find either 'SpawnofEvo' or 'EvoChild' on the members list. Weren't those their actual screen names?
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
I can't find either 'SpawnofEvo' or 'EvoChild' on the members list. Weren't those their actual screen names?

No, but I can't remember what their nicknames were.
 
Oh dear god, where to begin.

First, I am home. There was a severe thunderstorm last night and Evo child didn't go back to my place.

Thank you to everyone for all of the comments, it made me laugh. :devil:

I will write up the horror story of "The Hospital Stay From Hell".
 
well, welcome back!


(so you stomuched all the wild comments?)
 
Hey Evo! :biggrin: Welcome back! Glad to see you're still here.
 
The hospital was filled to capacity, so what was going to be a private room ended up first with the almost deaf HILLBILLIES THAT HAD TO SCREAM OUT EVERYTHING, then ending with Evangelical Christian Fundamentalists that are certain we are near Rapture.

I'm waiting for pain meds to kick in, seems I have blisters in my throat that are preventing swallowing right now, so instead of anyone checking my throat this morning when I couldn't swallow a pain pill, just switched me to a liquid. I just looked in the mirror, I look like I have strep.

EDIT:I am not responsible for typos at this time. Edits will be happening.
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys! It will be a fun chat tomorrow.
 
Evo said:
Thanks guys! It will be a fun chat tomorrow.

:rolleyes: *runs and hides* :cry:
 
Hang in there Evo. I will let Tsu know that you are home; perhaps a little worse for wear, but home, safe and sound.
 
Yay! Welcome back Evo! Ick, blisters in the throat doesn't sound fun.
 
Ok, everyone has to get some kind of instant messaging. I NEED TO CHAT!
 
Evo said:
what??!?

Wow, for someone with a blistered throat, you sure can shout quite well! :bugeye:

Yeah, no chat tomorrow. :cry: Tell Greg he just needs to turn it on tonight and leave it open until whenever he returns from being away. :biggrin:
 
Evo said:
Thanks guys! It will be a fun chat tomorrow.

Sending you a chocolate fountain, it should go down well and feed you up.
 
Moonbear said:
Wow, for someone with a blistered throat, you sure can shout quite well! :bugeye:

Yeah, no chat tomorrow. :cry: Tell Greg he just needs to turn it on tonight and leave it open until whenever he returns from being away. :biggrin:
How can he do this to me? :cry:

I could have stayed and had endless prayer groups praying over my bed for another day, but I insisted on coming home. :devil:
 
Evo said:
How can he do this to me? :cry:

I could have stayed and had endless prayer groups praying over my bed for another day, but I insisted on coming home. :devil:

You should have introduced Spawn of Evo to them...by that name. :biggrin: Could have at least provided some cheap entertainment.
 
Or performed a live version of The Exorcist.
 
wolram said:
Sending you a chocolate fountain, it should go down well and feed you up.
Awww, thanks Wolram!

Moonbear said:
You should have introduced Spawn of Evo to them...by that name. :biggrin: Could have at least provided some cheap entertainment.
They were saying that the Governor of Missouri had just signed a law that allows employers to have computer chips implanted in their employees. The woman (patient) lowered her voice and was telling the "pastor" that all of the signs are falling into place, the "time is near", these people were dead serious, they couldn't get out more than two sentences without praising God, or saying who wasn't attending church regulalry and had a "weak spirit" and succumbing to evil. Then a tirade on tv shows that are an abomination. Then she was saying that since her arm was weak, she wasn't able to paddle her grandkids hard enough when they were disobedient. :frown:
 
So glad you're OK, Evo! I hope the meds kick in quickly.

Can't wait to hear about the Hillbillies/Evangelicals!
 
Kurdt said:
Or performed a live version of The Exorcist.
Kurdt, you'll pretend to chat with me tomorrow, right?

How's the puppy?
 
Evo said:
First, I am home.
Welcome, home!

They were saying that the Governor of Missouri had just signed a law that allows employers to have computer chips implanted in their employees. The woman (patient) lowered her voice and was telling the "pastor" that all of the signs are falling into place, the "time is near", these people were dead serious, they couldn't get out more than two sentences without praising God, or saying who wasn't attending church regulalry and had a "weak spirit" and succumbing to evil. Then a tirade on tv shows that are an abomination. Then she was saying that since her arm was weak, she wasn't able to paddle her grandkids hard enough when they were disobedient.
:rolleyes: Ummm - you need to get far away from that place!

Well people could get ICQ or other independent chat venue. Just don't let it put stuff on the PC.
 
I was on pins and needles, I had no idea if my plants had survived the storm, since the Child of Evo confessed she hadn't stayed there last night.

Everything is fine. She actually did go out and check on the plants and gave me a full report when I was released, she even was impressed that I actually had vegetables growing.
 
Evo said:
They were saying that the Governor of Missouri had just signed a law that allows employers to have computer chips implanted in their employees. The woman (patient) lowered her voice and was telling the "pastor" that all of the signs are falling into place, the "time is near", these people were dead serious, they couldn't get out more than two sentences without praising God, or saying who wasn't attending church regulalry and had a "weak spirit" and succumbing to evil. Then a tirade on tv shows that are an abomination. Then she was saying that since her arm was weak, she wasn't able to paddle her grandkids hard enough when they were disobedient. :frown:

Does that mean you can't vomit now? Because I think if that didn't induce vomiting, your vomit reflex just might be broken. :bugeye: I'd have been tempted to mention the paddling comment to a nurse and make it her legal obligation to drag in social workers on them. :devil:

That's worse than the roommate my sister had when my nephew was born...she's a parole officer and her roommate and visitors were loudly talking about being in and out of jail and such (yeah, and just had a baby...great life that kid was going to have :rolleyes:). My sister was tempted to accidentally leave her badge lying out so they'd see it and shut up. She said a few times they came very close to saying something that she would have been obligated to call the cops on them about, which was not what she wanted to be doing while on maternity leave.