What are the best books for self-studying undergraduate level Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 21K views
Syed_Ali
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Hello. I am an MD but Physics excites me. Interested in Physics, I want to self study the subject from the beginning so that I can come to grips with the subject. I have a sound mathematical background and I know I can study myself but help regarding books would be appreciated. So please anyone? Would like to know the best books for undergraduate level for Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Quantum Mechanics,Statistical Mechanics,General Relativity, Particle Physics, and so on. Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Textbook discussion have the list of books for Undergraduate level Physics.

Anyway go with Kleppner Mechanics, Purcell Electromagnetism.
 
Books for self study!

@Bandersnatch
Thank you. Much appreciated. :) I see Goldstein, Sakurai, and Griffiths there in particular.
 
Books for self study!

@Reyaz
Thanks a lot. :) Yes, just checked the textbook listings. Thank you. So the one you mentioned is better than the likes of Goldstein or Taylor for Classical Mechanics?
 
If the opinions of the forum members are to be believed, you can't do better than Kleppner and Purcell.
 
@Bandersnatch Klepner and Purcell it is then. Thanks a mighty. :)