What are the limits of a Fourier integral?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
Studious_stud
Messages
38
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


122yeio.jpg



The Attempt at a Solution



When I do the integral of this function I'm unsure of what the limits are. Anyone care to help? Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
micromass said:
Please include an attempt or this thread will be deleted.

Sure thing, just forgot to include it.
211ts9c.jpg

I'd use latex but it's just quicker this way...
 
Well f(x)=0 for [itex]x\leq 0[/itex], so the part of the integral from [itex]-\infty[/itex] to 0 vanishes, right??

So that would leave us with?
 
micromass said:
Well f(x)=0 for [itex]x\leq 0[/itex], so the part of the integral from [itex]-\infty[/itex] to 0 vanishes, right??

So that would leave us with?

Oh I get ya, so the lower limit is 0 and the upper limit is [itex]-\infty[/itex]?
 
Studious_stud said:
Oh I get ya, so the lower limit is 0 and the upper limit is [itex]-\infty[/itex]?

I guess you mean + for the upper limit, but yeah.
 
Studious_stud said:
Oh I get ya, so the lower limit is 0 and the upper limit is [itex]-\infty[/itex]?

Sorry for the double post here, I mean the upper limit is [itex]\infty[/itex]