What are the necessary trig functions for finding the rotation formula?

In summary, there is a function of a 3 vector that is repeated 4 times. The desired outcome is to obtain the superposition of all 4 functions using a summation with a different vector for each function. The task at hand is to find a rotation formula that involves trig functions and can calculate the necessary angles for rotations.
Ben Wilson
I have a function of a 3 vector, i.e. f(+x,+y,+z) [ or for conveniance f=+++]

this function is repeated 4 times where:

f1 = + + +
f2 = + - +
f3 = - - +
f4 = - + +

I need a formula where i have a different vector for each function in a summation, to obtain the superposition of all 4 functions.

I'm having a nightmare trying to find a rotation formulae, can anyone help?

i'm guessing there will be some trig functions involved somewhere.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Ben Wilson said:
I need a formula where i have a different vector for each function in a summation, to obtain the superposition of all 4 functions.
Can you state that formula?

Ben Wilson said:
I'm having a nightmare trying to find a rotation formulae, can anyone help?
What do you mean by "rotation formulae"?

Ben Wilson said:
i'm guessing there will be some trig functions involved somewhere.
Do you need to figure out the angles (like Euler angles) necessary for those rotations? Like knowing that you go from +x,+y,+z to -x,+y,+z by a certain combination of α, β, and γ for a given +x,+y,+z?

1. What is the rotation basis?

The rotation basis refers to the axis or point around which an object or system rotates. It is the fixed reference point that determines the direction and magnitude of rotation.

2. How is the rotation basis determined?

The rotation basis is determined by the geometry or structure of the object or system. It can also be determined by the external forces acting on the object or system.

3. What are the different types of rotation basis?

There are three types of rotation basis: fixed, moving, and imaginary. A fixed rotation basis is a stationary point or axis, while a moving rotation basis is constantly changing. An imaginary rotation basis is a point or axis that is used for mathematical calculations.

4. How does the rotation basis affect rotation?

The rotation basis determines the direction and magnitude of rotation. For example, if an object is rotating around a vertical axis, it will have a different rotation than if it were rotating around a horizontal axis.

5. Can the rotation basis change?

Yes, the rotation basis can change depending on the forces acting on the object or system. For example, if a force is applied to an object, the rotation basis may shift or change to accommodate the new direction and magnitude of rotation.