What are you going to do with your tax rebate check?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Taxes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
17 replies · 3K views
gravenewworld
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
27
Got my $600 Bush "economic stimulus" check yesterday. Spent it already on paying off my credit card. The rest is going to be used to buy gas and food. What are you buying with yours?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It's going toward a new laptop for the Evo Child.
 
I'm not even sure if I'm getting one, but if I do, it's going straight in the bank. :biggrin: I'll spend it next year when the real estate market really is really tanked and I buy a house (I contemplated it this summer, but I need to be sure I can transfer departments for a more permanent position before I buy a house, so have to renew my lease one more year).
 
part of it I will use to pay off some of the previous economic stimulating I've been doing. The remainder will be used to do some more stimulating in the form of some much needed items and tools to refurbish my mountain bike.
 
I still have to pay for the classes I took this year, so I guess mine is already spent.
 
Travel and party!

One of my sons graduates in May (travel) and is getting married in June (rehearsal dinner). The $1200 check is just a down payment on these expenses.
 
Every bit of it will go toward paying back my undergraduate student loans.

*sigh expensive colleges*
 
Nice dinner, maybe strip club... who knows. It'll be spontaneous.
 
I won't get one.
I don't live in the USA.
If I did I guess I would fill my SUV up.
 
Saving it to use for any surprises that may pop up.
 
jimmysnyder said:
Bank it.

You sure the banks are safe :wink:
 
Part will be used on a local vacation, and the rest saved for a rainy day.