I'm home, but the university isn't closed. We didn't get all that much snow, but there seemed to be a thin layer of ice under it from some rain we had last night before the snow started. I was up early and ready to head out when I looked out the window one more time and watched one car skid into a ditch and two others fishtail up the hill in front of where I live. Since the drive for our development enters the road right at the bottom of the hill, I know I can't get a running start at it, so decided to just stay home.
The snow has now turned to rain, and the plow and salt truck finally came through, so I could go to work now, but I've already called everyone and told them I'm working from home for the day, told the technician he can wait until tomorrow to do what I had asked him to do today if he didn't want to risk getting stuck in bad weather (once he starts, it's about a 6 hour process that can't be stopped), told the grad student I was supposed to meet with who has to drive the same road in that passes by my house to stay home and not risk his neck on that road, and had the vet who was at the farm anyway take care of all my post-operative sheep. So, I have no reason to go anywhere now (sometimes it's nice being the boss). I anticipated much worse weather than we got, so have all my paperwork for the next two days home with me (had I not lugged everything home with me, I'd probably be buried in snow up to my ears).
Oh well, time to go out and shovel the driveway before the next layer arrives (though, I'm looking out and watching the neighbor shoveling, and it looks like some nasty, heavy, wet snow, even though it's only a thin layer ). The weather report seems to suggest we've only gotten the tip of this storm so far.