What Capacitance is Needed to Tune an LC Circuit to 100 MHz?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
physics100000
Messages
6
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


An LC circuit with an inductor of 4 microH is used as tuner for an FM radio. The capacitance required to tune into a radio stations of 100 MHz is most nearly what?

Homework Equations


w= 2pif = 1/sqrt LC



The Attempt at a Solution



I plugged in 4 microH into equation for f but I realized I have too many unknowns. I also tired 100 MHz for f but same problem. I am lost, please help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
My advice is to figure out what quantity microH goes with and which quantity MHz goes with. They can't both be f unless microH and MHz are the same unit, which they aren't.