Solve Freq of Coupled LC Circuit with Inductor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
aseylys
Messages
22
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I have to find the normal frequencies of a coupled LC circuit. However, this LC circuit is coupled by an inductor, not a capacitor.
__|C|________|C|__
|...|...|
^I(1)...|...^I(2)
|...|...|
{L}...{L'}...{L}
|...|...|
|...|...|
--------------------

I'm sorry, I didn't have a picture but that's basically the circuit.

Homework Equations



I1+I2=0
I=dq/dt

These equations are for an LC circuit coupled by a capacitor:
L(d2q1/dt2)+(1/C)q1+(1/C')(q1+q2)=0

L(d2q2/dt2)+(1/C)q2+(1/C')(q1+q2)=0

The Attempt at a Solution



The only attempt I could figure out that it would be similar to that of a circuit coupled by a capacitor. I don't know if I'm on the right track or not and if I am I'm not sure how to modify the two equations.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I1 + I2 = 0 is no longer correct. Current flows through the inductor.