What do i need to know to build oil expeler?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bineyame
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Build Oil
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
bineyame
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi all!
I am new to this forum and i know nothing about mechanical engineering.I have degrees in electrical engineering and computer science.I wish to build a food oil expeller and want to know the mechanical engineering basics i need to study before i venture on the project.Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
thankyou
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hello Ranger mike,thank you for your reply.I want to extract food oil from ,say, vegetables oil seeds.
 
Welcome to PF, Bineyame.
I think that different types of processes are used depending upon the specifics of the seeds involved and what the end result is to be. Crushing them under extreme pressure, possibly with heat added, is one way. Attacking them with super-heated steam might also be effective.