What do universities in Canada need(in terms of IGCSE's and AS) to accept you?

In summary, the required IGCSE and AS levels for admission to Canadian universities vary but generally include a minimum of 5-6 IGCSE subjects with grades of A-C and 3-4 AS subjects with grades of A-C. These results can also be used to fulfill the English language proficiency requirement, although additional testing may be required by some universities. The preferred subjects for admission depend on the specific program, and there is no specific GPA requirement for international students but a strong academic record is important. Some universities may accept predicted grades, but it is important to check the specific requirements and submit them by the deadline.
chelsawi91
i want to apply to MAcmaster university and i have 5 igcse's. I have good grades but i am wondering if they need more IGCSE's or AS. Can anyone help me...tell me what i need?

Physics news on Phys.org
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca/external/index.htm

Hope this helps.By the way, I'm currently at McMaster, so if you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Universities in Canada typically require a certain number of IGCSE's and AS levels for admission, but the specific requirements may vary depending on the university and program you are applying to. For McMaster University, the minimum requirement for admission is 5 IGCSE's with a minimum grade of C, including English and Mathematics. However, it is always recommended to have a strong academic background with a variety of subjects.

In addition to the minimum requirements, universities also consider your overall academic performance and your AS level grades. It is important to have a well-rounded academic record with good grades in relevant subjects for the program you are applying to. It is also important to note that some programs may have specific subject requirements, so it is important to research the specific requirements for your desired program at McMaster University.

In terms of AS levels, it is not a requirement for admission to McMaster University, but having strong AS level grades can enhance your application and demonstrate your academic abilities beyond the IGCSE level. It is always recommended to take AS levels in subjects that are relevant to your desired program and that you excel in.

Overall, universities in Canada, including McMaster University, are looking for well-rounded and academically strong applicants. Make sure to research the specific requirements for your desired program and aim to have a strong academic record with a variety of subjects. Good luck with your application!

1. What are the required IGCSE and AS levels for admission to Canadian universities?

The required IGCSE and AS levels for admission to Canadian universities vary depending on the specific university and program. Generally, most universities require a minimum of 5-6 IGCSE subjects with grades of A-C and 3-4 AS subjects with grades of A-C. It is important to check the specific requirements for each university and program.

2. Can I use my IGCSE and AS results to fulfill the English language proficiency requirement?

Yes, many Canadian universities accept IGCSE and AS results as proof of English language proficiency. However, some universities may require additional testing such as the TOEFL or IELTS. It is important to check the specific requirements for each university.

3. Are there any specific subjects that Canadian universities prefer for admission?

It depends on the program you are applying to. Some programs may require specific subjects or combinations of subjects, while others may have more flexible requirements. It is important to research the requirements for the specific program you are interested in.

4. Do Canadian universities require a certain grade point average (GPA) for admission?

Most Canadian universities do not have a specific GPA requirement for international students. However, a strong academic record is important for admission and some competitive programs may have higher GPA requirements. Again, it is important to check the specific requirements for each university.

5. Can I submit predicted IGCSE and AS grades for admission to Canadian universities?

Some Canadian universities may accept predicted grades for admission, while others may require final results. It is important to check the specific requirements for each university and to submit any predicted grades by the specified deadline.