1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What do YOU think the most important FirstYear Phys topic is?

1. May 20, 2013 #1
    I'm kind of rushing through first year physics cause im doing it self paced, but I am realizing now that as an engineering i relaly need to internalize and fully understand these lessons. I don't have much time to go over everything again, but what would yo usay the most important lesson/topic/thing to internalize is in first year physics? (in terms of vector decomp, angular speeds or accels, forces, work/energy etc)

I havent started on electromagnetism yet but idont have much time so i may end up rushing through that as well. i looked through some of the formulas and they dont seem complicated at all (parallel/series circuits and whatnot)

2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2013 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Just my opinion, but if I had to pick something I'd say the chapter on work and energy, especially if you are going into engineering. FYI, you'll need to have a good handle on motion (kinematics) and forces first.

Hope that helps.

p.s. welcome to PF!

4. May 20, 2013 #3
    If pressed to choose, I agree that work & energy are the most important concepts but if you only know these it's still like you don't know any mechanics so it means very little to point out what 'the' most important aspect is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook