What does it mean by an equation of state is a particle?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Phrak
Messages
4,266
Reaction score
7
There was a recently posted thread titled "What does it mean by a particle is a "wave"?

I think it might be more appropriate to ask, what does it mean by an equation of state is a particle?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Phrak said:
I think it is might be more appropriate to ask, what does it mean by an equation of state is a particle?
That question is a) syntactically incorrect; and b) ignoring 'a,' it still doesn't make any sense.
 
zhermes said:
That question is a) syntactically incorrect; and b) ignoring 'a,' it still doesn't make any sense.

Fixed it. I'm using the syntax of the previous title.
 
This is a very strange exchange, but I am guessing that Phrak is referrring to the Schrödinger equation which could be called an equation of state of the variable [tex]\Psi[/tex] which is a potential function and can be interpreted as a particle.
 
Studiot said:
This is a very strange exchange,
agreed.

Studiot said:
the Schrödinger equation which could be called an equation of state of the variable [tex]\Psi[/tex]
Interesting; I'm only familiar with the term equation of state referring to density-pressure relations (etc) esp. in stars and other astronomical bodies. Why is the term used here as-well?
 
The differentials of state functions are exact so you can integrate an equation of state containing them.