What does it mean by an equation of state is a particle?

• Thread starter Phrak
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

There was a recently posted thread titled "What does it mean by a particle is a "wave"?

I think it might be more appropriate to ask, what does it mean by an equation of state is a particle?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

I think it is might be more appropriate to ask, what does it mean by an equation of state is a particle?
That question is a) syntactically incorrect; and b) ignoring 'a,' it still doesn't make any sense.

That question is a) syntactically incorrect; and b) ignoring 'a,' it still doesn't make any sense.
Fixed it. I'm using the syntax of the previous title.

This is a very strange exchange, but I am guessing that Phrak is referrring to the Schrodinger equation which could be called an equation of state of the variable [tex]\Psi[/tex] which is a potential function and can be interpreted as a particle.

This is a very strange exchange,
agreed.

the Schrodinger equation which could be called an equation of state of the variable [tex]\Psi[/tex]
Interesting; I'm only familiar with the term equation of state referring to density-pressure relations (etc) esp. in stars and other astronomical bodies. Why is the term used here as-well?

The differentials of state functions are exact so you can integrate an equation of state containing them.