What is the meaning of Rootof in my CAS?

• Thread starter Matt Jacques
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mean
In summary, "Rootof" is a mathematical concept that refers to a value that, when multiplied by itself a certain number of times, equals a given number. It is used in algebra to find solutions to equations and can represent different types of roots such as square roots. The calculation of "Rootof" depends on the type of root being taken and can involve methods such as prime factorization or using a calculator.
Matt Jacques
What does "Rootof" mean?

My CAS is saying RootOf, now this is clearly different than sqrt or cbrt, any ideas what it means?

Physics news on Phys.org
What is CAS?
I would interpret rootof to be the square root.

I would interpret the root of f(x) to be the value of x such that f(x)=0

If that helps :confused:

Related to What is the meaning of Rootof in my CAS?

1. What is the definition of "Rootof"?

The term "Rootof" refers to the mathematical concept of a root, which is a value that, when multiplied by itself a certain number of times, equals a given number.

2. How is "Rootof" used in mathematics?

In mathematics, "Rootof" is used to represent an algebraic expression that satisfies a given equation. It is often used to find solutions to polynomial equations.

3. What is the difference between "Rootof" and "Square Root"?

"Rootof" is a general term for any type of root, while "Square Root" specifically refers to the root of a number that has been multiplied by itself twice.

4. Can "Rootof" be a negative number?

Yes, "Rootof" can be a negative number. In some cases, the root of a negative number may be a complex number.

5. How do you calculate the "Rootof" a number?

The calculation of a "Rootof" a number depends on the type of root being taken. For example, to find the square root of a number, you would need to find the number that, when multiplied by itself, equals the given number. This can be done using various methods such as prime factorization or the use of a calculator.