What drawing program do you use?

In summary, the conversation discusses different options for creating simple 2D drawings, with the main concern being the ability to save in ***.dwg format. The speaker mentions having difficulties with AutoSketch 9 and TurboCAD 17, and also mentions the expense of AutoCAD Light. They then ask for suggestions on a drawing program, and the responder suggests using Visio or Solidedge 2d as they both have the option to save in ***.dwg format.
Carl Pugh
Vendor wants drawing in ***.dwg.

I have AutoSketch 9 which doesn't save line widths when saving to ***.dwg.
Purchased TurboCAD 17 which is too complicated for what is being done.
AutoCAD Light is too expensive.

What drawing program do you use for simple 2D drawings?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Carl Pugh said:
Vendor wants drawing in ***.dwg.

I have AutoSketch 9 which doesn't save line widths when saving to ***.dwg.
Purchased TurboCAD 17 which is too complicated for what is being done.
AutoCAD Light is too expensive.

What drawing program do you use for simple 2D drawings?

I use Visio for simple 2-D drawings. It has the option to Save As *.DWG file. I just tried it and it exported the file, but I don't have anything to open a *.DWG file with, so I don't know how well the export went...

Solidedge 2d is free and should import and export dwg

1. What is the best drawing program for beginners?

The best drawing program for beginners depends on personal preference and the type of drawing you want to create. Some popular options include Adobe Photoshop, Procreate, and Autodesk Sketchbook.

2. Can I use a free drawing program?

Yes, there are many free drawing programs available such as GIMP, Krita, and Inkscape. These programs offer a wide range of features and tools for creating digital art.

3. What drawing program is used by professionals?

The most commonly used drawing programs by professionals are Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Corel Painter. These programs offer advanced features and tools for creating high-quality digital art.

4. Is it necessary to have a drawing tablet for digital art?

While a drawing tablet can enhance the digital drawing experience, it is not necessary. Many drawing programs have tools that allow you to draw with a mouse or trackpad. However, a drawing tablet can provide more precision and control over your drawings.

5. Can I use a drawing program on my phone or tablet?

Yes, there are many drawing programs available for mobile devices such as Adobe Photoshop Sketch, Procreate Pocket, and Autodesk Sketchbook. These apps offer a more portable option for creating digital art on-the-go.