What is a formula for ENF that relates I (current) and H (Henry) ?

In summary, the conversation discusses a question about finding the induced emf in a 51 mH inductor with a given change in current over time. The question includes values for a and b, and asks for the magnitude of the induced emf at a specific time. The equation for determining the induced emf is mentioned, and the conversation ends with the confirmation that the suggested method works.
Arshad_Physic

Homework Statement

I have this question. If I can get that formula, I will be able to solve it! :)

Here is the question:

The current in a 51 mH inductor changes with time as I = b t2 − a t. With a = 20 A/s and b = 7 A/s2, find the magnitude of the induced emf, |E|, at t = 1.2 s. Answer in units of V.

E = Emf

Homework Equations

This is what I need to know! :)

The Attempt at a Solution

I am guessing that I will have to differentiate the equation. Please help! :)

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
The induced emf in a pure inductor is -LdI/dt (L in henry)
You guessed right!

thanks! :) it works! :)

1. What is ENF?

ENF stands for Electric Network Frequency. It is the frequency at which the alternating current in an electric power grid cycles.

2. What is a formula for ENF?

The formula for ENF is ENF = 1 / (2*Pi*sqrt(L*C)), where L is the inductance and C is the capacitance of the circuit.

3. How is ENF related to current and Henry?

ENF is related to current (I) and Henry (H) through the inductance (L) of the circuit. L is measured in Henry and is a factor in the formula for ENF.

4. Can the ENF formula be applied to any circuit?

The ENF formula can be applied to any circuit that has inductance and capacitance components. However, it may not accurately represent the ENF for all circuits, as there can be external factors that affect ENF.

5. How is ENF useful in scientific research?

ENF can be useful in scientific research for a variety of applications. It can be used to monitor the stability and frequency of power grids, study the effects of environmental factors on electrical systems, and even detect changes in brain activity through electroencephalography (EEG) measurements.