What is a formula for ENF that relates I (current) and H (Henry) ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arshad_Physic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Current Formula
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Arshad_Physic
Messages
50
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement



I have this question. If I can get that formula, I will be able to solve it! :)

Here is the question:

The current in a 51 mH inductor changes with time as I = b t2 − a t. With a = 20 A/s and b = 7 A/s2, find the magnitude of the induced emf, |E|, at t = 1.2 s. Answer in units of V.

E = Emf

Homework Equations



This is what I need to know! :)

The Attempt at a Solution



I am guessing that I will have to differentiate the equation. Please help! :)

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The induced emf in a pure inductor is -LdI/dt (L in henry)
You guessed right!