What is causing browser icon display issues on different browsers?

• Thread starter TumblingDice
  • Start date
TumblingDice
Gold Member
I posted earlier about Opera Classic not displaying the "gingerbread" graphics on pages. Held up on posting more because of the good teamwork I read on the "some icons don't display" thread. I recognized that all of the graphics that OC wasn't displaying for me were the same ones, without the empty rectangles. (Kudos to @strangerep for the x'lnt screenshots!). So, members have been doing great to narrow down things like "whitelist" actions.

Just now, running on IE 11, every page I click to displays the security warning, "Only secure content is displayed. Show all content?". I dismissed the first two, and selected to show all content after the third. But it doesn't help, every page displays this message.

I actually opened a PF session to check on the servers for the graphics when this came up, and then to check the certificate for the source, but Murphy's Law interrupted me. :cool: "Par for the course"... One step backward, two steps forward... I'll follow up later. Go Team!

Physics news on Phys.org
PF was temporarily linking to some http content. It was only for 10 minutes or so. Back to normal.

1. Why is my browser icon not displaying correctly?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be a compatibility issue with your browser and the website, a corrupted browser cache, or a problem with the website's code. Try clearing your cache and refreshing the page first, and if that doesn't work, try accessing the website on a different browser.

2. How do I fix a blurry browser icon?

This issue is usually caused by a low-quality or incorrectly sized icon file. Make sure the icon file is at least 256x256 pixels and in the .ico format. You can use a free online icon generator tool to create a high-quality icon file. Then, clear your cache and refresh the page to see if the issue is resolved.

3. My browser icon is missing. How can I get it back?

If the browser icon is missing from your desktop or taskbar, you can usually find it in your computer's applications folder. Simply search for the name of your browser in the search bar and drag the icon onto your desktop or taskbar. If the icon is missing from a website, try clearing your cache and refreshing the page to see if that brings it back.

4. Why is my browser icon different on different devices?

Browser icons can appear differently on different devices due to differences in display resolution or settings. Additionally, some websites may use different icons for different devices, such as a mobile icon for smartphones and a desktop icon for computers.

5. Can I change the browser icon for a specific website?

Unfortunately, you cannot change the browser icon for a specific website. The icon displayed is determined by the website's code and cannot be changed by the user. However, you can change the icon for your browser as a whole by following the steps provided by your browser's support page.