What is everything all about?

• Thread starter ThomasJoe40
  • Start date
In summary: What troubles me most, is the state of the word today, so much pain and suffering, yet we are just bystanders in this ocean of misery. I hope if there is something after this, it is better then this…..In summary, everything is about beliefs and how we perceive the world. People have different beliefs and it's impossible for you to say that you don't believe in anything because that contradicts your belief that you don't believe in anything.
ThomasJoe40
What is "everything" all about?

Hello, everyone,

I think I need some helps here... I am a man who holds my belief in nothing, I don't believe love, I don't believe humanity, I don't believe freedom and I don't believe life, also, I do not believe in the truth...

Basically, I believe in nothing...

The most important point I got to say here is about the truth, because I see this world as nothing... I don't see anything that is even more worthful than a penny... I cannot figure out the reason why we exist, and I also cannot figure out if we really exist, or all of these are just a dream...

Am I crazy? Maybe... So, I need someone to offer some helps, if they see all these in a very simple way... alrite, anyway, thanks for reading it and take care...

Physics news on Phys.org
You believe in physics do you not? And math? (judging from the fact that you study in engineering).

It impossible for you to say, "I don't believe in anything", because that contradicts the fact that you don't believe in anything. It is like saying, "There is no truth".

you would like maya ( or maybe it is mayana can't remeber...) it says that everything that we think that is life, is a dream, and that we will wake at the end. i have absolutly no clue as to what will happen when it ends or what it will be like, but if that seems to interest you then investigate.

My personal thougts on why we are here is for personal pleasure. Shoot holes in my idea if you want to but that is what it is right now.

As for if we exist, investigate Decarte( or something like that, if i am wrong please correct me) he basically said "I think, therefore, I am!". that was his first truth in his chain of logic.

Everyone is a little bit crazy, I am serous. ppl have rated craziness on a scale of -5 to 5 on certain issues. "normal" is 0. if you have more than or equal to 4 in a certain area, then you have that mental ailment. the reason that it is -5 to 5 is that mental ailments can go both ways. Ex: anerexic ppl think they are too fat, maybe there are ppl who think they are too skinny. ( don't take all of this as solid facts because i know this from talking to a friend, so my memory could be faulty or he could. check it out on your own.)

And finally the only thing more worthful than a penny is A LOT OF PENNIES! :P

ThomasJoe40 said:
Hello, everyone,

I think I need some helps here... I am a man who holds my belief in nothing, I don't believe love, I don't believe humanity, I don't believe freedom and I don't believe life, also, I do not believe in the truth...

The most important point I got to say here is about the truth, because I see this world as nothing... I don't see anything that is even more worthful than a penny... I cannot figure out the reason why we exist, and I also cannot figure out if we really exist, or all of these are just a dream...

You see, you do believe, you believe in “nothing” that’s a true believer :biggrin: . Every one else is +1 0r -1 you on the other hand are in equilibrium.
What is a belief anyway, we make things up as we go along, based on what we see around us and what we perceive to be “real”,…. religion, freedom, Liberty , life, afterlife and death. The truth is we just don’t know, …. till we reach the other side (if there is an other side that is),……

we know what religions claim,... we know what libertines claim….
What troubles me most, is the state of the word today, so much pain and suffering, yet we are just bystanders in this ocean of misery. I hope if there is something after this, it is better then this…..

And if there is a GOD, be it GOD of counterpoise & equilibrium or mythic lore, I hope humans play a more active role towards there destiny. What the hell am I typing …. I don’t know …. I hope it’s readable…

Amir said:
You see, you do believe, you believe in “nothing” that’s a true believer :biggrin: . Every one else is +1 0r -1 you on the other hand are in equilibrium.
What is a belief anyway, we make things up as we go along, based on what we see around us and what we perceive to be “real”,…. religion, freedom, Liberty , life, afterlife and death. The truth is we just don’t know, …. till we reach the other side (if there is an other side that is),……

we know what religions claim,... we know what libertines claim….
What troubles me most, is the state of the word today, so much pain and suffering, yet we are just bystanders in this ocean of misery. I hope if there is something after this, it is better then this…..

And if there is a GOD, be it GOD of counterpoise & equilibrium or mythic lore, I hope humans play a more active role towards there destiny. What the hell am I typing …. I don’t know …. I hope it’s readable…

Oh, Amir, thanks, I got to say that your comment does makes a lot of sense to me... thanks, for saying that I believe in nothing so I am a true believer. Yes, I had to say that I am always searching for the equilibirum point about everything, and that is the thing always drives me crazy~ o:)

And also, thank you for the comment about the world (word? wrong spelling?) today, it is because there have so much pains living and that always makes me pessimistic. Sometimes I believe there is no much time left for our civilizations, like one hundred years maximum I guess... I also want to go back to the past to see if people really lives in a more ideal way than people in today's world...

dekoi said:
You believe in physics do you not? And math? (judging from the fact that you study in engineering).

It impossible for you to say, "I don't believe in anything", because that contradicts the fact that you don't believe in anything. It is like saying, "There is no truth".

Yes, I had to say that I realized this logic long time ago, I mean, like "Never say never"... Honestly, I start to think in this contradicting way when I was three, I still remembered that I was once sleepless in the night just because I cannot find a solution for this contradiction!

BTW, about physics and maths, yes, sometimes I believed in this very deeply (like the only thing real in this world)... but sometimes I become pessimistic because it is not that easy to learn it...

3mpathy said:
you would like maya ( or maybe it is mayana can't remeber...) it says that everything that we think that is life, is a dream, and that we will wake at the end. i have absolutly no clue as to what will happen when it ends or what it will be like, but if that seems to interest you then investigate.

My personal thougts on why we are here is for personal pleasure. Shoot holes in my idea if you want to but that is what it is right now.

As for if we exist, investigate Decarte( or something like that, if i am wrong please correct me) he basically said "I think, therefore, I am!". that was his first truth in his chain of logic.

Everyone is a little bit crazy, I am serous. ppl have rated craziness on a scale of -5 to 5 on certain issues. "normal" is 0. if you have more than or equal to 4 in a certain area, then you have that mental ailment. the reason that it is -5 to 5 is that mental ailments can go both ways. Ex: anerexic ppl think they are too fat, maybe there are ppl who think they are too skinny. ( don't take all of this as solid facts because i know this from talking to a friend, so my memory could be faulty or he could. check it out on your own.)

And finally the only thing more worthful than a penny is A LOT OF PENNIES! :P

Hello, well, honestly I think your reason for our existence is quite a good, at least practical and realistic... and I don't want to shoot any holes about it. I do actually want to shoot some holes in your last sentence, but sadly I can not think of any evidence that makes sense right now... (BTW, it is very practical and realistic as well...)

Your comment about craziness test is interesting and I hope it is a fact, but sadly I hardly can find it on the Internet...

Finally, about Decarte (if it is correct...), are you talking about pure mentalism? I am not quite sure actually because I did not comprehense it very well... alrite, thanks for your reply anyway...

my apologies. the name is RENÉ DESCARTES . and he made some stupid mistakes so try to look up a revised version of his( it should be revised because it was made in the renessaince) u should like that. it might have something to do with pure mentalism, i have never seen his complete works but from what i have read/heard it could be.

ThomasJoe40 said:
Hello, everyone,

I also cannot figure out if we really exist, or all of these are just a dream...

Rene Descartes' chain of reasoning did not begin with "I think therefore I am"; that was his conclusion. His line of reasoning began, like yours, with doubting the existence of everything, including himself, but even if he could legitimately doubt his own existence, what was doing the doubting? It can be said that his chain of reasoning began with, "I doubt therefore I am".

aguy2

I apprecaite you sharing your knowledge aguy2, thank you for correcting me.I am sorry that i misinformed ThomasJoe40.

Thomas about your earlier post about i want to go back to see if it was better. Try looking up stuff about the sexual revolution. that might help. Of course you might have already heard about it, in that case i tried.

3mpathy said:
I apprecaite you sharing your knowledge aguy2, thank you for correcting me.I am sorry that i misinformed ThomasJoe40.

Thomas about your earlier post about i want to go back to see if it was better. Try looking up stuff about the sexual revolution. that might help. Of course you might have already heard about it, in that case i tried.

That is OK! Thanks a lot for that~ Is sexual revolution happened during the 0's in America? Anyway, I will look up what you recommanded~

aguy2 said:
Rene Descartes' chain of reasoning did not begin with "I think therefore I am"; that was his conclusion. His line of reasoning began, like yours, with doubting the existence of everything, including himself, but even if he could legitimately doubt his own existence, what was doing the doubting? It can be said that his chain of reasoning began with, "I doubt therefore I am".

aguy2

Aguy2, thanks a lot for that... I wasn't expected that much helps for this sort of abstract problem~ So, yes, I think there have some characteristics of me similar to this Rene Descartes philosopher, both doubtful...

ThomasJoe40 said:
Hello, everyone,

Am I crazy? Maybe... So, I need someone to offer some helps, if they see all these in a very simple way... alrite, anyway, thanks for reading it and take care...
Seems that you may believe in an answer to this(these) questions that you bring to this forum. I have a question; If one(yourself) believes in nothing then why put forth the effort of even asking these question? Why are you a student? Why do you wake up and go to class to achieve a degree in an subject that you don't believe in? Too say that you don't believe in nothing has no meaning to me. You believe in your opinion of not believing in anything. Just goes too say...

1. What is the meaning of life?

The concept of "everything" is often closely tied to the idea of the meaning of life. However, as a scientist, I cannot provide a definitive answer to this philosophical question. The meaning of life is a highly subjective and personal concept, and it may vary for each individual.

2. What is the universe made of?

The universe is made up of various forms of matter and energy, including atoms, particles, and radiation. Scientists have been studying the composition of the universe for centuries, and we continue to discover new information about its building blocks and their interactions.

3. How did everything come into existence?

The origin of everything is a complex and ongoing area of scientific research. The prevailing theory is the Big Bang, which suggests that the universe began as a singularity and has been expanding and evolving ever since. However, there are still many unanswered questions and ongoing debates about the exact details of the Big Bang and the events that led to the formation of the universe as we know it.

4. Is there life outside of Earth?

This is a highly debated and researched question in the scientific community. While there is currently no definitive evidence of life existing beyond Earth, scientists continue to search for signs of extraterrestrial life through various methods, such as studying exoplanets and searching for microbial life forms in our own solar system.

5. What is the purpose of everything?

As a scientist, I cannot speak to the concept of purpose in the broad sense. However, from a scientific perspective, everything in the universe serves a purpose or has a function. From the smallest subatomic particles to the largest galaxies, everything has a role to play in the complex and interconnected systems of the universe.