What is recommended for the field of AEROSPACE ENGINEERING?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
JacobR.15
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I want to know what direction should i be taking in college, such as, what types of classes.
I am also very interested in knowing the type of life style they live, i would want to know if arerospace engineering is a career for those who pursue to have a family in the future.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm assuming

a) you're considering going to some community college before transferring to some large university?
b) you're going to a university which does not have an aerospace engineering degree program?

If it is a) then you want to be taking as many physical science and math courses as you can get your hands on. If it is b) then you want to make sure your university has some mechanical engineering degree with a turbomachinery/fluids option.

Good luck
 
just your will is requried and nothing else... i m doing aerospace engineering and wasn`t a skilled man in the field also...
 
viscousflow said:
I'm assuming

a) you're considering going to some community college before transferring to some large university?
b) you're going to a university which does not have an aerospace engineering degree program?

If it is a) then you want to be taking as many physical science and math courses as you can get your hands on. If it is b) then you want to make sure your university has some mechanical engineering degree with a turbomachinery/fluids option.

Good luck

Yea, I am currently attending a community college. since i was a child i always wanted to be near aircrafts. are you an aerospace engineer?
 
No I'm an AE senior student. However, I went through a similar process of statement a) where I had to attend a community college first then transfer to a large university. As long as you can gain Calculus 1 - 3, Physics 1-3, and basic humanities, you should have no issue transferring to a large university with an aerospace program. I did the same thing and had great results, now I'm ready to graduate.
 
viscousflow said:
No I'm an AE senior student. However, I went through a similar process of statement a) where I had to attend a community college first then transfer to a large university. As long as you can gain Calculus 1 - 3, Physics 1-3, and basic humanities, you should have no issue transferring to a large university with an aerospace program. I did the same thing and had great results, now I'm ready to graduate.

I second this.. I just got accepted and I'm transferring in the fall for AE. Been at my local CC for about three years now. Ugh..

I took calc 1-3, linear alg, diff eq, phys 1-3, 2 semesters of college chemistry (not intro), 2 humanities, art history and others.. blah blah.

I'm actually taking physics 3 right now, along with intro to circuits/EE and two GE classes.