What is the effect of electromagnetic fields on the Earth's

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
shenhua
What is the effect of electromagnetic fields on the Earth's magnetic field?
Electric energy in the transmission and use of the process, will produce electromagnetic field, the electromagnetic field will have an impact on the Earth's magnetic field?
I think it is possible to cause the gravitational decay of the earth.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF :smile:

shenhua said:
Electric energy in the transmission and use of the process, will produce electromagnetic field, the electromagnetic field will have an impact on the Earth's magnetic field?

the size ( area covered) of the Earth's magnetic field is huge
Man's activities are puny in comparison

shenhua said:
I think it is possible to cause the gravitational decay of the earth.

seriously ?? ... NO
and how to you think magnetic fields affect gravity ?Dave
 
The magnetic field of Earth is frequently disturbed by solar emmissions,but I don't think they reduce the Earth's field.