What is the Integral of 1 over 2 to the Natural Log of X?

In summary, the integral $\int_{}^{}\frac{1}{{2}^{lnx}} \,dx$ can be solved by using u-substitution with $u = \ln(x)$ and $dx = e^u \, du$. The final solution is $\frac{{(\frac{e}{2})}^{lnx}}{ln(\frac{e}{2})} +C$.
tmt1
I have this integral

$$\int_{}^{}\frac{1}{{2}^{lnx}} \,dx$$

I'm not sure the best way to do it.

I tried u-substitution:

$u = {2}^{lnx}$ and thus $u = {x}^{ln2}$, therefore $du = ln2({n}^{ln2 - 1}) dx$. However, not sure how to proceed from there.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would let:

\(\displaystyle u=\ln(x)\implies dx=e^u\,du\)

And you now have:

\(\displaystyle I=\int\left(\frac{e}{2}\right)^u\,du\)

Now, use the fact that:

\(\displaystyle \frac{d}{dv}\left(\frac{a^v}{\ln(a)}\right)=a^v\)

to finish. :)

MarkFL said:
I would let:

\(\displaystyle u=\ln(x)\implies dx=e^u\,du\)

And you now have:

\(\displaystyle I=\int\left(\frac{e}{2}\right)^u\,du\)

Now, use the fact that:

\(\displaystyle \frac{d}{dv}\left(\frac{a^v}{\ln(a)}\right)=a^v\)

to finish. :)

So it would be $$\frac{{(\frac{e}{2})}^{lnx}}{ln(\frac{e}{2})} +C$$?

Yes, looks correct to me. :D

1. What is the integral with natural log?

The integral with natural log is a type of mathematical expression that involves the natural logarithm function and an indefinite integral. It is used to calculate the area under a curve that is defined by a logarithmic function.

2. How is the integral with natural log solved?

The integral with natural log can be solved using integration techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or partial fractions. However, the method used will depend on the specific form of the integral.

3. What is the significance of the natural log in the integral?

The natural log in the integral represents the inverse of the exponential function. It is commonly used in mathematical models and calculations involving growth and decay, as well as in various areas of science and engineering.

4. Are there any special properties of the integral with natural log?

Yes, there are a few special properties of the integral with natural log. One of the most notable is that the integral of the natural log function is equal to the natural log of the absolute value of the input, plus a constant. Additionally, the integral of the natural log function is used in the calculation of various mathematical constants, such as Euler's constant (e) and the gamma function.

5. How is the integral with natural log used in real-world applications?

The integral with natural log has various real-world applications, particularly in the fields of physics, chemistry, and economics. It is used to model and analyze natural phenomena, such as population growth, radioactive decay, and chemical reactions. It is also used in financial calculations, such as compound interest and inflation rates.