What Is the Mass of an Average Car and Engine?

  • Topic: Automotive 
  • Thread starter Thread starter vycanismjrs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car Engine Weight
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
vycanismjrs
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi I just wanted to know what is the mass (in kilogram) of an average car and the mass of an average engine.

This is for my project and I want to know their masses to make a scaled model of a car for my experiment.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
vycanismjrs said:
Hi I just wanted to know what is the mass (in kilogram) of an average car and the mass of an average engine.

This is for my project and I want to know their masses to make a scaled model of a car for my experiment.

zhermes said:
Good question.
https://www.google.com/

What zhermes is saying is that it should be fairly easy to find those numbers using Google. So for example, I was lazy and just Googled "what is the mass (in kilogram) of an average car and the mass of an average engine" (I did the search without the quotes), and got lots of good hits. Please try that search to see if you find what you are looking for.

Google is a very helpful tool for things like this. There are times when I use Google Images, to help me narrow my search more quickly. But in this case, the easiest thing was just to do the search on your own words. :smile: