What is the maximum acceleration of this car on a concrete surface?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
StephenDoty
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
Two-thirds of the weight of a 1500 kg car rests on the drive wheels. What is the maximum acceleration of this car on a concrete surface?

(2/3) * 1500kg =1000kg
but I need the force so I can find the acceleration. What do I do next?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The force would be provided by friction. What's the coefficient of static friction between the tires and the concrete?
 
I don't know the coefficient of friction. The question and all the information given is:
Two-thirds of the weight of a 1500 kg car rests on the drive wheels. What is the maximum acceleration of this car on a concrete surface
 
Without the coefficient of friction (or a guess at it) you cannot solve the problem. Look to see if it's given in another part of your text.