What is the maximum line current for an electric vehicle charger?

In summary: Adding a fourth in the manner that you have will certainly throw the balance off but this is not at all uncommon. As I said, basic trig should get you there.Welcome to PF. :smile:
berkeman said:
Doesn't matter. Your Power Factor is terrible with just a rectifier (and I don't understand how you use just a rectifier for the charger circuit anyway; that's weird).

Do you know what Power Factor means? Do you know what the voltage and current waveforms look like for a simple rectifier circuit? Why do recifiers have a poor Power Factor?
This more in-depth technical information only the charger manufacturer has, we buy the charger from a factory in Europe. I will show you some information that I have.

Attachments

• Delete.PNG
    Delete.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Delete2.PNG
    Delete2.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 88
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see anything about Power Factor in the datasheet pages (maybe I missed it?), but it looks like it can run off of all 3 phases too. Wouldn't that be a more balanced way to run the multiple chargers?

Likes DaveE
After reading the data sheets you supplied, I note the following:
  1. Two different models are available: SIngle phase, and Three phase
  2. The Maximum Charging Power can be adjusted at installation time
  3. Overcurrent Protection can be 16A to 40A, probably depends on setting of Maximum Charging Power
  4. Maximum Line Current is 32A

Given 3 & 4 above, the Circuit Breaker should be 125% of Maximum Line Current.

Note also: The breaker short term withstand current should be 6 000A.
I do not know for sure but, that sounds like a heavier breaker than is usual in home or office use.

Cheers,
Tom