What is the pressure at point B in a moving liquid with density ρ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bestfrog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Point Pressure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Bestfrog

Homework Statement


Considering the figure. The liquid has a density $$\rho$$. What is the pressure at B?
HHMiWcU

http://imgur.com/HHMiWcU
(I put the link because the image uploaded doesn't work)

The Attempt at a Solution


In a solution that I have found on internet, it is said that the pressure in B is $$p_0 - \rho g (h_1 + d+h_2 )$$. How is it possible? I thought that the pressure at B was $$p_0 + \rho g (-h_1)$$
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Bestfrog said:
? I thought that the pressure at B was $$p_0 + \rho g (-h_1)$$
That would be true in a static arrangement, but the fluid is moving. Try Bernoulli's equation.