What is the process of logic circuits in producing an output?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
silvercats
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
I know that if 1 and 0 goes through an OR gate, it gives 1. But how does the 1 come? how it works?
thanks
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Usually, logic gates work with voltage - 1 is represented by a high voltage, 0 as low voltage. For the implementation of electronic logic gates, see the various Wikipedia articles, like this one.
 
yeah I know that they work with logic gates. But the problem is how does an OR gate know to output 1, if 1 and 0 was given as outputs
 
silvercats said:
yeah I know that they work with logic gates. But the problem is how does an OR gate know to output 1, if 1 and 0 was given as outputs

The most basic logic gates can be created with transistors wired up in various different ways.

For a pretty quick run through of the different configurations for each gate click here
 
silvercats said:
But the problem is how does an OR gate know to output 1, if 1 and 0 was given as outputs
That is explained in the link I posted.
Now you have two different pages with gate implementations linked in this thread.