What Is the Propagator of the Proca Lagrangian?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
Muoniex
Messages
3
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I want to show that the propagator of Proca Lagrangian:

[tex]\mathcal{L}=-\frac{1}{4}F_{\mu \nu}F^{\mu \nu}+\frac{1}{2}M^2A_\mu A^\mu[/tex]

Is given by:

[tex]\widetilde{D}_{\mu \nu}(k)=\frac{i}{k^2-M^2+i\epsilon}[-g_{\mu\nu}+\frac{k_\mu k_\nu}{M^2}][/tex]

Homework Equations



Remember that: [tex]F_{\mu \nu}=\partial_\mu A_\nu - \partial_\nu A_\mu[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution



I tried to use the Euler-Lagrange equation, and I obtained:

[tex]\partial_{\mu} (\partial^{\mu} A_{\nu} - \partial_{\nu} A^{\mu} ) + M^2 A^{\nu} = 0[/tex]

I suppose I have to do a Fourier Transform in order to express that equation in terms of [tex]k^\mu[/tex]
but I don't know how to do it. I don't even know if I have started the problem properly, or if there's another way.
Can anyone help me, please?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Check it in Problem Book in QFT of Voja's the answers to problems 5.2b, 5.7,6.15.

This should answer your questions.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Muoniex
MathematicalPhysicist said:
Check it in Problem Book in QFT of Voja's the answers to problems 5.2b, 5.7,6.15.

This should answer your questions.
Sorry for the late answer, but I wanted to check all the steps with calm.
The problems you told me helped a lot, thanks!