What is the required current for maximum torque in a 33 kg cm servo motor?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Sridhar96
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I have recently purchased this servo motor ,which has rated stall torque of 33 kg cm at 6V.

statistical current :16 mA
Stall Current: 3+0.6 AOur technical query is,in order to obtain the maximum torque..what current do we need to be able to supply it

Is 16 mc sufficient..or we need 3.5A?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
At stall torque, the stall current will be needed.

But take care: I think this stall current must only be supplied for a short time ( specified ) or the motor will catch fire.

I don't understand these 16 mA, because the ratio:
static current : peak current
"normally" is about 1 : 3 as for servo motors.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sridhar96