What is the Tangential Hall Effect in Ferromagnetic Materials?

• Thread starter cataldo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the measurement of tangential magnetic field in a ferromagnetic material using probe hall effect. It is mentioned that the Ht1 value in air can be compared to Ht2 in the material, and if they are equal, a mathematical law can be applied. The conversation also touches upon the relationship between Ht1 and Ht2 in the presence of a static or oscillating magnetic field, and the effect of surface currents on the tangential components. The concept of boundary conditions is also mentioned as a factor in determining the continuity of the tangential magnetic field.
cataldo
Hi everybody.. I have a question on tagential magnetic field.
I have a ferromagnetic material in longitudinal magnetic field and i necessary to know the component tangential H (magnetizing force) of this field by probe hall effect in this material near at your inside surfice. If the probe hall value of Ht1 in air is correct to say Ht1 = Ht2 ? And if true what mathematical law is applied?
Tanks and best regards

Attachments

• Ht.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 249
Physics news on Phys.org
IF the H (and B) field is along z, and there is no surface current J at the boundary (in x-z plane or y-z plane) , then curl H = 0, so dHz/dx = -dHz/dy = 0.
In your picture, Bz inside ferrite = u Bz outside ferrite, where u = relative permeability..

Last edited:
If H is a static field, then H tangential is continuous, so you are right to say Ht1=Ht2.
If H is oscillating in time, it is more complicated.

Tanks.. Exuse me if i do not draw the cartesian axial. Hence Ht1 = Ht2 along x-axsis and y-axsis.
If instead surface current J because the ferromagetic material is trought by current is not true Ht1 = Ht2 but I can say che H1 about Ht2?
tanks

Yay, boundary conditions!

Take a look starting at page 57: http://www.amanogawa.com/archive/docs/EM5.pdf

Basically, for almost any real material the tangential magnetic field is continuous. If you have surface currents, then the difference in the tangential components will be related to the surface current density.

Tanks for your replay... and exuse me if i do not write a english correct...
Best regard

Related to What is the Tangential Hall Effect in Ferromagnetic Materials?

1. What is the Tagential Hall Effect?

The Tagential Hall Effect is a physical phenomenon where a magnetic field causes a transverse voltage in a conducting material. This effect occurs when an electric current is passed through a thin film or layer of material in the presence of a perpendicular magnetic field.

2. How is the Tagential Hall Effect measured?

The Tagential Hall Effect is usually measured using a four-point probe technique, where four electrical contacts are placed at the corners of the sample to measure the transverse voltage. The Hall coefficient, which is the ratio of the transverse voltage to the product of the current and magnetic field, is then calculated from these measurements.

3. What is the importance of the Tagential Hall Effect?

The Tagential Hall Effect is an important tool for studying the properties of materials, particularly in the field of spintronics. It is also useful in determining the carrier concentration and mobility of charge carriers in a material, as well as for characterizing thin films and multilayer structures.

4. What are some applications of the Tagential Hall Effect?

The Tagential Hall Effect has various applications in the semiconductor industry, such as in the development of magnetic memory devices and magnetic sensors. It is also used in the study of magnetic materials, as well as in the measurement of magnetic fields in scientific research and industrial settings.

5. Can the Tagential Hall Effect be observed in all materials?

No, the Tagential Hall Effect is only observed in materials that have a high electrical conductivity, such as metals and semiconductors. Insulating materials do not exhibit this effect as there are no mobile charge carriers present to experience the Lorentz force from the magnetic field.