What is the temperature calculation for soldering pins onto PCB edge pads?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
kamath_u
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a PCB with edge pads to which I have to solder pins.
The edge pads are connected to another IC through copper traces of length say 25 mil. Copper traces are of width 10mil and thickness 0.7 mil.

Basically I want to calculate the temperature at the IC pins when I solder the pins onto the edge pads.
Let us say if I heat the pins (at the edge pad) to 300 degree celsius for 10seconds time.
I would like to calculate temperature at the other end of the copper trace in this case?

I calculated the thermal resistance for the above copper trace, but couldnot proceed further.

Any clue for this problem will be of great help to me.

Regards,
Kamath
 
Physics news on Phys.org