Understanding Work: Defining the Price of Electron Redistribution in Electricity

• Thread starter Beanyboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, the definition of work is the price we make electrons pay for redistributing themselves uniformly.
Beanyboy said:
12 = 4 times 3. Therefore, if I have 3 repeated, 4 times, then I'd have 12. Here, I've explained the equation without using the word "equals". To my knowledge, I haven't altered the essence, even if I've altered the words. Now it's your turn. Explain F = ma without using the word "equals".
It's really hard because we might have an occasion where we have a mass of 3.141592... well pi. Mathematically, you basically repeat the same vector of acceleration yes, but if we just use "equals" it makes the formula general enough to be used for things which are not dependent on neither mass nor acceleration, because now the Force is not strictly limited to those quantities. Physically force can be anything, and it would always also be the rate of change of momentum, or mass times acceleration for unchanging masses.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thread closed for Moderation...