Are You an Elitist Bookworm?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, this quiz tests basic grammar and spelling skills. It asks questions such as choosing the correct spelling of words like "definitely" and "supposedly," and using the correct grammar in sentences. It also tests knowledge of possessive pronouns and contractions. Overall, it is a simple quiz that helps users identify common mistakes in their writing.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9271/1089623070cturesbook6jx.jpg

You speak eloquently and have seemingly read every book ever published.

You are a fountain of endless (sometimes useless) knowledge, and never fail to impress at a party.

What people love: You can answer almost any question people ask, and have thus been nicknamed Jeeves.

What people hate: You constantly correct their grammar and insult their paperbacks.

http://quizilla.com/users/thebecca/quizzes/What Kind of Elitist Are You?/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Heh, this was quite true for me.

Your CD collection is almost as big as your ego (470+ CDs at last count), and you can most likely play an instrument or three (Only two). You're a real hit at parties, but you're SO above karaoke (Nah, I'm certainly not above karaoke).
What people love: You're instant entertainment. Unless you play the obo.
What people hate: Your tendency to sing louder than the radio (Much louder) and compare everything to a freaking song.

Food and wine snob here!

I don't correct people's grammar, though I don't understand why they put commas in only two of those sentences since they all have the same structure. :biggrin:

Evo said:

You speak eloquently and have seemingly read every book ever published.

You are a fountain of endless (sometimes useless) knowledge, and never fail to impress at a party.

What people love: You can answer almost any question people ask, and have thus been nicknamed Jeeves.

What people hate: You constantly correct their grammar and insult their paperbacks.

http://quizilla.com/users/thebecca/quizzes/What Kind of Elitist Are You?/

Bah... bad quiz... there is nothing there about math or technology.

Fine, I'll post a math quiz.

Damn, this other grammar quiz is good, but it's a bit too graphic and I can't post it, but here is what I got.

"You are the grammar Fuhrer. All bow to your
authority. You will crush all the inferior
people under the soles of your jackboots, and
any who question your motives will be
eliminated. Your punishment is being the bane
of every other person's existence, because
you're constantly contradicting stupidity.
Everyone will be gunning for you. Your dreams
of a master race of spellers and grammarians
frighten the masses. You must always watch your
back. If only your power could be used for good
instead of evil. "

Heil Evo!

You're a snobish prick. You must have never read anything longer than five pages, yet you speak with the delusion that you know everything. Everyone is secretly making fun of you.

Inept as you are, you still conceil your ignorance adroitly by wearing neck ties you cannot afford.

What people love: you keep your distance.

What people hate: your body odor.

------

Alright, this wasn't it. I actually got the same text as Evo and noticed that they say 45% of people got this as well. So I went back to the quiz and randomly changed a few answers. Still the same text. Went back again, randomly changed more answers. Still the same result. This quiz is lame...

Orefa said:

You're a snobish prick. You must have never read anything longer than five pages, yet you speak with the delusion that you know everything. Everyone is secretly making fun of you.

Inept as you are, you still conceil your ignorance adroitly by wearing neck ties you cannot afford.

What people love: you keep your distance.

What people hate: your body odor.

------

Alright, this wasn't it. I actually got the same text as Evo and noticed that they say 45% of people got this as well. So I went back to the quiz and randomly changed a few answers. Still the same text. Went back again, randomly changed more answers. Still the same result. This quiz is lame...
I changed choices and got "interior decorator" or something. :biggrin:

Hey I'm trying to find something fun for you guys to do, give me a break!

http://serio.quizilla.com/user_images/T/thebecca/1089621197_uresworld.jpeg

Ill accept that :biggrin:

From Timbuktu to Tijuana, you know all about world culture and politics. You've seen it all, and what you haven't seen, you watched on one of the "smart people channels." Your friends tell you that you should run for governor.
What people love: You've always got a great story to tell.
What people hate: You make them feel like ignorant plebians. Sometimes you slip and CALL them plebians.

You hear that you plebians, bow down to me!...I mean...Kissing my feet will suffice

705 other people got this result!
This quiz has been taken 8057 times.
9% of people had this result.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
Heil Evo!
It was a VERY easy quiz. :tongue2: But if you fail it, well, the graphics are too graphic. :bugeye: It was rated for adults only so I selected wrong answers to see what would happen. :eek:

Which of the following is correct?
Definately
Definitely
Definetly
Defanitely

Trully
Truelly
Truely
Truly

Supposedly
Supposably
Supposively
Sipposably

Should have
Should of

My dad and him got presents for she and I.
My dad and he got presents for she and I.
My dad and he got presents for me and her.
My dad and him got presents for her and I.
My dad and him got presents for her and me.

Children department
Childrens department
Children's department
Childrens' department

Their going over their to get their items.
Their going over there to get they're items.
There going over their to get their items.
They're going over their to get there items.
They're going over there to get their items.

His and hers
His and her's
His' and her's

Your never going to believe this.
You're never going to believe this.
Your never going to believe this.
You're never going to believe this.

He threw the ball through the hoop.
He through the ball through the hoop.
He threw the ball threw the hoop.
He through the ball threw the hoop.

Baseball is America's passtime.
Baseball is America's pasttime.
Baseball is America's past time.
Baseball is America's passed time.
Baseball is America's pastime.

cyrusabdollahi said:
http://serio.quizilla.com/user_images/T/thebecca/1089621197_uresworld.jpeg

Ill accept that :biggrin:

You hear that you plebians, bow down to me!...I mean...Kissing my feet will suffice
Wow, that does fit you. I think SOME people here can't accept what they got. :tongue:

Evo said:
I'm trying to find something fun for you guys to do, give me a break!
Hey Evo, the quiz was weak, not you! :!) :smile: Thanks for taking the trouble. I'll go answer the other one you posted just now.

Orefa said:
Hey Evo, the quiz was weak, not you! :!) :smile: Thanks for taking the trouble. I'll go answer the other one you posted just now.
Awwww <sniff>, thanks Orefa, <sniff>, it's nice to know someone appreciates me.

Evo said:
It was a VERY easy quiz. :tongue2: But if you fail it, well, the graphics are too graphic. :bugeye: It was rated for adults only so I selected wrong answers to see what would happen. :eek:
That is a pretty easy quiz! I wish they would have included my pet peeve, "alot".

really i don see any apprecirtion from him as u sure do have in mind, but if u still like to think of it, u did and do have it

honestrosewater said:
I don't correct people's grammar, though I don't understand why they put commas in only two of those sentences since they all have the same structure. :biggrin:
They have the same grammatical structure but there's a difference in content. In the first and last sentences, the two clauses are both characteristics of "you". In the other sentences, the first clause refers to a characteristic and the second clause refers to an outcome of that characteristic.

I had no answer to about half the questions, so it wouldn't tell me what I am.

That "Nazi" quiz was just sick. :grumpy:

The "elitist" quiz was plain dimwitted. I didn't bother answering it.

rachmaninoff said:
That "Nazi" quiz was just sick. :grumpy:
Did you find that? Then you know why I didn't post it.

The "elitist" quiz was plain dimwitted. I didn't bother answering it.
Wow, you guys are just plain grumpy tonight.

We're just a bunch of elitists.

They are obviously Quiz Elitists! :)

Jinx! Orefa, you owe me a Coke!

Ha! Beat you to it. :smile:

Double Jinx! Now both of you owe me an espresso.

Wow, that was weird, two double posts by the same two people.

http://images.quizilla.com/T/thebecca/1089623156
Your CD collection is almost as big as your ego,and you can most likely play an instrument or three. You're a real hit at parties, but you're SO above karaoke. What people love: You're instant entertainment. Unless you play the oboe.
What people hate: Your tendency to sing louder than the radio and compare everything to a freaking song.
What Kind of Elitist Are You?

I think it was wrong

I'm a food and wine snob.
You know which wines go best with which foods, and you can make New York City's finest sommalier feel like a kid at a keg party. You want to take that Emeril guy and beat him with a stick, but really - you've got more class than that.
What people love: You know the best restaurants and what their specialties are.
What people hate: Every waiter in town wants to mangle your pretentious ass.

I think a few of my answers could have swung the vote to something else...like the one on what you do when you visit a new city...I thought, "Depends on if I'm hungry yet." I do the whole visiting museums and admiring architecture thing during the day, and seek out great restaurants for dinner.

So, how's that pinot grigio working for you? :rofl: I got a laugh at how that one was phrased.

You're instant entertainment. Unless you play the oboe.

Just like some vapid illiterate party boob to take a random and senseless jab at oboists. Does he or she (the quiz author) know anything at all about the oboe repertoire? No? Then it's a funny joke, let's write it down. :grumpy:

I'm very sorry if I've been grumpy all evening, I haven't had enough coffee yet. I should make some, I guess.

rachmaninoff said:
I'm very sorry if I've been grumpy all evening, I haven't had enough coffee yet. I should make some, I guess.
Ivan always has a pot on, just hold out your mug and he'll pour some in for you. :biggrin:

rachmaninoff said:
Just like some vapid illiterate party boob to take a random and senseless jab at oboists. Does he or she (the quiz author) know anything at all about the oboe repertoire? No? Then it's a funny joke, let's write it down. :grumpy:
Oh dear, I wasn't aware you belonged to FOO (friends of oboists).

I'm a politics and culture guru :smile:

From Timbuktu to Tijuana, you know all about world culture and politics. You've seen it all, and what you haven't seen, you watched on one of the "smart people channels." Your friends tell you that you should run for governor.
What people love: You've always got a great story to tell.
What people hate: You make them feel like ignorant plebians. Sometimes you slip and CALL them plebians.

Gokul43201 said:
They have the same grammatical structure but there's a difference in content. In the first and last sentences, the two clauses are both characteristics of "you". In the other sentences, the first clause refers to a characteristic and the second clause refers to an outcome of that characteristic.
I was just being a smart***, but sure, I would have looked for a rule at work on something I hadn't considered yet.
1) You speak eloquently and have seemingly read every book ever published.

2) You are a fountain of endless (sometimes useless) knowledge, and never fail to impress at a party.

3) What people love: You can answer almost any question people ask, and have thus been nicknamed Jeeves.

4) What people hate: You constantly correct their grammar and insult their paperbacks.
In (1) and (4), and is the familar truth-functional one, so for one thing, you can switch around the phrases without changing the meaning, e.g.

1a) You [speak eloquently] and [have seemingly read every book ever published].

means the same as (is equivalent to)

1b) You [have seemingly read every book ever published] and [speak eloquently].

I agree that there's the additional info in (3) that the second phrase is a consequence of the first, so switching them around would require more changes, and that and is not truth-functional. It's not as clear to me whether or not the same was intended in (2), but it could be that this person included the commas (consciously or not) to encode that cause-effect relation. Just my first thoughts anyway...
I had no answer to about half the questions, so it wouldn't tell me what I am.
Isn't that your wife's job anyway? :biggrin: A Belated Congratulations too!

Last edited:
Hello, I am new to this thread. My name is Mk, and I am looking for physics help. Hi. I hope some of you can help me, and possibly wipe my ass if I need it. Einstein and Darwin were wrong.

Hi.

Where is my fish?

He is, I fear, soused.