What kind of this transformers

In summary: audio: they are or were commonly used in audio circuits for that reason, on either end of a long audio line which could have unwanted currents induced in it.
neduet
Hello friends

What is the use of 1:1 transformer and are they using currently in hi-tech circuits.

thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
These transformers are called isolation transformers because they simply separate circuits. One of the main use of these kind of transformers are for galvanic isolation. You simply segragate two circuits and couple them by the magnetic flux in the transformer's core.

I don't know if they are used in hi-tech circuits (what is hi-tech anyway? this term is very vague) but they are used in a lot of applications.

neduet said:
Hello friends

What is the use of 1:1 transformer and are they using currently in hi-tech circuits.

thanks

Sounds like a schoolwork question. What do you think the answer is?

schoolwork question :smile:

no, not schoolwork question, actually its confused me,that why we have to couple circuits
with the help of Transformer,

neduet said:

no, not schoolwork question, actually its confused me,that why we have to couple circuits

What kind of circuits do you need to couple with the help of a 1:1 transformer? What frequency ranges?

I don't follow the original question, but pulse transformers are often 1:1.

neduet said:

Well the most important reason is to electrically decouple the two circuits. Grounds cannot be passed through transformers so one with a 1:1 ratio will just isolate the two circuits. Take for example an electrical test workbench, isolation transformers are used to prevent inadvertent grounding for safety reasons while testing electrical devices.

CS

thanks a lot

another application is to use 1:1 transformer (three phase) in Star-Delta or Delta-Star configuration. Delta-Star for eliminating zero sequence currents, like in distribution having single phase unbalanced loads. Star-Delta for deriving zero sequence voltages, specially in protection relay circuits.

A 1:1 transformer will eliminate common-mode interference, such as hum etc.. They are (or were) commonly used in audio circuits for that reason, on either end of a long audio line which could have unwanted currents induced in it. The volts on the downstream secondary will have the same signal as the volts on the primary at the sending end - as long as the cable is a twisted pair with no effective area for the induction of volts from magnetic fields.

What is a transformer?

A transformer is a device that is used to transfer electrical energy from one circuit to another through electromagnetic induction.

What are the different types of transformers?

The two main types of transformers are step-up transformers, which increase the voltage, and step-down transformers, which decrease the voltage. Other types include isolation transformers, autotransformers, and three-phase transformers.

How does a transformer work?

A transformer works by using two coils of wire, known as the primary and secondary windings. The primary winding is connected to an alternating current power source, which creates an alternating magnetic field. This field induces a voltage in the secondary winding, which is then used to power another circuit.

What are the applications of transformers?

Transformers are used in a variety of applications, including power distribution, electrical motors, electronic devices, and audio equipment. They are also used in industrial processes, such as welding and heating, and in renewable energy systems.

How do I choose the right transformer for my needs?

To choose the right transformer, you need to consider factors such as the voltage, power rating, and frequency of your power source, as well as the voltage and power requirements of your device. You may also need to consider the physical size and type of transformer that will best fit your application.