I need a light weight magnet, which has to be strong because it will be lifting quite a lot of weight, More than 30 KG probably(i don't know maybe 60kg!) that's why I"ll probably use 4 of them for more power.
But what I want is not this magnet to be the stronger one...
I want to use it in this way:
There will be an electromagnet... around 12 inches away, and when I turn it on it is supposed to pull this magnet, and there would be a rubber ring in between so they won't smash together... alignment etc. will not be considered atm. This permanent, which I need, would pull maybe 5 -I don't know how much 50(?)KG. I haven't estimated that yet. And I'm sorry that I am not much familiar with Telsa, so I can't give you an estimate in how much T i need. I know I'll need to study it before I continue, so I'll familiarize myself with all this after my exams finish.
So atm, I can just talk in childish language and say I need to pick up this many weight.
Anyway getting back to the point. Where was I? Yeah so the electromagnet would be the one pulling the weight and that has to be the one which is really strong... And I'll attach a potentiometer, so the I can regulate the strength of the electromagnet. How strong does the electromagnet have to be, what voltage should I supply? I don't know yet. I"ll have to figure that out as well. So this permanent magnet which I need is not supposed to be the stronger one. It just needs to be able to be able to pick up all that weight and go towards the electromagnet.
And why I need to regulate the electromagnet's strength? That's so I could change the speed with which the permanent magnet moves towards the electromagnet.
So you see, there's a chance that the rare neodymium magnet will crack under all that weight. And I don't want the permanent magnet to be too strong creating magnetic fields that might interfere in other things.
Thanks a lot.
EDIT: thnx for telling me about rare Earth magnets :). Silly me.