Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What type of Engineer do I need?

  1. Mar 8, 2012 #1
    Hello, I currently have an idea to initiate for my start-up business. Therefore, I do not have the skill to do it. Will it be feasible to hire an engineer? The project consists to build a tablet with few built-in that are not currently in the market. We have found several suppliers, like LG Display, that could contribute in our project.

    What type of engineer do I need in order to build a tablet? Processors, Display, PCB, etc will be purchased.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2012 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Welcome to the PF.

    You will likely need an EE and an ME (to do the physical design), and an Industrial Designer (to do the look and feel). You could contact a headhunter to discuss what types of people you should be looking for.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook