What values of WT should I use for internal radiation dose calculations?

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamworth
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Internal Radiation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
adamworth
Messages
23
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Question attached.

I want to check what values of WT I should use.

Homework Equations



Effective dose = WT*WR*WT,R

The Attempt at a Solution



For the neutron whole-body dose I have WT = 1.

For the ingested 90Sr and 131I, I also have WT = 1. Are these correct or does "ingested" mean I should take a value of WT = 0.12 (stomach), or should I use WT = 0.04 (thyroid)?

Thank you for any help
 
Attachments
  • Question 8.jpg
    Question 8.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,
First you must calculate the effective dose du to neutrons with Wr, second calculate the effective dose du to ingestion of Sr (with dose intake conversion factor)
 
Hi, yes I've done that, I need to know what values of WT to use. But actually you said I don't need to use WT as I used a coefficient. I will send you my answer by pm.