What Would Be the Perfect Last Meal for Immortality?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the last meal a person would have would probably be a steak with some type of salad and a dessert.
Just a massive amount of sushis with a good old Coke.

Maybe my taste will change until then though but this is what I would choose right now.

Physics news on Phys.org
A home-made BLT with Cain's natural mayonnaise and an ice-cold beer.

Ice cold pear cider, papadoms, bhindi bhaji and plain boiled rice with chicken phall. If you've got to go, go with a bang.

Here's a more difficult question, if you could only have ONE food dish, which one would it be?

I'd want fresh alaskan king crab legs, cooked, served with melted butter, lemon and garlic. King Crab is always found (even for restaurants) pre-cooked and frozen, so he made a trip to catch and eat fresh (never frozen) king crab legs. He said it was incredible and was by far much better than any lobster he'd eaten, so much more flavor. He definitely preferred it to lobster, it was his new favorite. Heck I prefer the pre-cooked stuff to lobster, I can only imagine fresh.

If I can't have the crab, an artichoke with the same lemon butter. :biggrin:

I don't know, but there would definitely big fat, skewered scallops on the menu.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Here's a more difficult question, if you could only have ONE food dish, which one would it be?

I'd want fresh alaskan king crab legs, cooked, served with melted butter, lemon and garlic. King Crab is always found (even for restaurants) pre-cooked and frozen, so he made a trip to catch and eat fresh (never frozen) king crab legs. He said it was incredible and was by far much better than any lobster he'd eaten, so much more flavor. He definitely preferred it to lobster, it was his new favorite. Heck I prefer the pre-cooked stuff to lobster, I can only imagine fresh.

Is there a limit on the portion size?

Evo said:

Butter seems to be the common denominator here. But nobody has posted they want to eat "butter" as their last meal... :yuck:

One day, I will have to go back to Alaska, and see if my memory of fresh King Crab legs, stands up to my more current memory of fresh Dungeness Crab.

3 weeks until OCF, and I'll confirm whether or not a freshly cooked Artichoke, smothered in butter, is closer to Nirvana.

hmmm... I think this is a chemistry question. Can we move this thread? :tongue2:

OmCheeto said:
Butter seems to be the common denominator here. ...

This reminds me of one of my favorite meals. I was about to exit the Navy, and my buddies took me out to dinner at some fancy restaurant near the football stadium down in San Diego.

Filet Mignon, smothered in hollandaise sauce.

Of course, I share Gollum's opinion of how steaks and fish should be prepared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6LG2LFE8w0​

I've never met a Sushi I didn't like. Never had it with butter though.

hmmm...

Amaebi dipped in a steaming hollandaise, soy, wasabi sauce.
I'll have to experiment.
Hopefully, it doesn't come out like my meatloaf experiment. :yuck:
As I recall, even my cat wouldn't touch it. :yuck: x 2

This reminds me of my first failed food science experiment: Peanut Butter and Butter sandwich.
I think I was 8.

Evo said:

A culinary Kobayashi Maru...

hmmm...

ah ha!

I think this girl solved it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjrI91J6jOw​

For my one dish, I will have shrimp, wrapped in oyster, wrapped in crab, wrapped in lobster, wrapped in scallop, wrapped in salmon, wrapped in steak, wrapped in ... ... ...
..., served in a pastry puff shell, smothered in hollandaise sauce. Seasoned to taste, of course.

Thank you.

OmCheeto said:
A culinary Kobayashi Maru...

hmmm...

ah ha!

I think this girl solved it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjrI91J6jOw​

Ultimate Turducken recipe found below...

Rooster Teeth - Red vs. Blue said:
  • Sarge: Nope, first we start with a hummingbird- (a picture of a hummingbird appears next to Sarge)
  • Grif: A what?
  • Sarge: Put that in a sparrow (picture of a sparrow), stuff them both in a cornish hen (picture of a cooked hen), then put that in a chicken (picture of a guy in a chicken suit). Put all that in a duck (picture of a mallard duck), then in a turkey (hand-drawn picture of a hand turned into a turkey), then in a bigger turkey (picture of Michael Moore again).
  • Grif: Two turkeys?
  • Sarge: Hey, it's Thanksgiving. Put that in a penguin (picture of some penguins), stuff that in a peacock (picture of the NBC logo from the '70s), then an eagle (picture of an eagle), shove it all in an albatross (picture of an albatross in flight), then an emu (that well-known picture of an emu's head, head on), next comes an ostrich (picture of a running ostrich), then a leopard (picture of a sleeping leopard)! Put all that in a pterodactyl (artist's rendering of a pterodactyl), and then stuff it in a Boeing 747 (picture of a 747).
  • Church: ... Cool. I get a wing.
  • Simmons: I call the turbine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHRFAM0ZvCM

Probably something vegetarian. I'm not vegetarian at all, but if it's my last meal I don't see the need for an animal to die since it's not doing me any good anyways.

dipole said:
Probably something vegetarian. I'm not vegetarian at all, but if it's my last meal I don't see the need for an animal to die since it's not doing me any good anyways.
If you have never had fiddleheads (immature ostrich ferns) you might like them, along with a side of pan-fried potatoes. Takes me back 50+ years, but still is a tempting breakfast.

Coffee- lots of coffee- for one last brainstorm.

Jorriss said:
Diet coke.

Yes, that makes sense in a last meal. :tongue:

immortality juice.
or what ever highlander eats/drinks.

Back