Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What would you ask god .

1. Apr 2, 2003 #1
    Ok lets all (if we dont already do) belive that god or a god exists what would you ask him if you only had one question.

Mine would have to be
    Yo what up G
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2003 #2
    probably "how goes it?" or "so what do you think?"; i find open questions tend to get the best responses from intelligent people, i suppose that would apply to god as well.
  4. Apr 3, 2003 #3
    I would ask him to go away.
  5. Apr 3, 2003 #4

Science Advisor

I'd probably have to ask him for a few more apples, since I'm damned anyways, I might as well understand a lil better.

If there was actually a god, and I got to ask him a question, I'd end up getting kicked out of heaven for treason or something.

But seriously, I'd probably say to him "Dear lord, almighty loving god, (get the butt kissing out the way") Why is it that you have provided humanity with so many things that shows humanity you probably do not exist and your storys were all made up? Not that I would dare question your omnipotence, but why is it that you felt compelled to create a being that is prone to failure (Actually learns by mistake) and then put enough evidence to go againsts the bible, and convince a large part of mankind you do not exist? I thought you were supposed to love us all."
  6. Apr 7, 2003 #5
    i will ask :"how you create the world? and
    then who create you??"
  7. Apr 7, 2003 #6

I would ask him:

Who's your God?
  8. Apr 7, 2003 #7
    oh how about:

who's your daddy?
  9. Apr 8, 2003 #8
    i will ask:
    is jesus your son?
  10. Apr 8, 2003 #9
    How about one simple question:

Why? :smile:
  11. Apr 14, 2003 #10
    same here. but since you already mention it, i'll say,
    "Leave me alone"

then i'll go away and fly.
  12. Apr 17, 2003 #11
    "Where's my Optimus Prime Transformer?!?!? I lost him when I was six and searched EVERYWHERE!!!! WHERE DID HE GOOOOOOOO!!!!"

"Oh and could you smite my ememies just a tad."
  13. Apr 17, 2003 #12
    then he would reply me and jesus got board one day and ...
  14. Apr 24, 2003 #13
    how about why do you allow so much evil to be done in your name , by people who claim to be following your plans , ie: [the churchies]????

btw what is your name?????????
  15. Apr 24, 2003 #14

I would ask him/it,

May I ask you more than one question?
  16. Apr 24, 2003 #15
    How does the horse shaped piece move again?
  17. Apr 28, 2003 #16
    I believe that god does this to test your faith, apparently you have none. I do not intend to try and "make" you follow my religion, but i do believe that god has a reason for everything you just said.

If I had one question, i would ask him where Andrew Jackson was born.
  18. Apr 28, 2003 #17

Science Advisor

Well, if he does then I'd love to hear it sometime. I do not need faith in the imaginary to live and be a decent person. I have faith in myself that I will make the proper decisions. If an all loving god such as the one you worship truly is all loving, then I will not suffer eternally.

But you would tell me that I will. I do not make any conclusions about what is after death. I like to think about it, but I can't come to any reasonable idea.

And quite simply, if your faith is the one true way, then millions of innocents who have never heard of your faith spanning 1000's of years will suffer eternally. That is not cool.
  19. May 2, 2003 #18
    I can only think of one question I would ask, and that is wether he/she/it her/him/itself actually believes in it/her/himself.
  20. May 2, 2003 #19
    That is damn cool !!!
  21. May 3, 2003 #20
    i myself believe in god, but i find way too many people believe they know exactly what god thinks. this goes for anybody who says "if god was loving he wouldn't damn me." to "if you don't believe in my god you go to hell." face it, god wouldn't think like us and our feeble minds. just live life with an open mind, maybe god will come to you (yeah, extremely corny, but live with it :wink:).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?